Tuesday, November 24, 2009

General Advice

If you aren't absolutely sure you should get another pet, don't "browse" available pet profiles at the local shelters. This will only end in fits of "WE HAVE TO SAVE HER!" This isn't fun for anyone. Especially your husband.

When playing Scrabble, don't pass seven turns, waiting for the chance to play your bingo. Learn from my mistake. This is not a good strategic move.

Water your plants.

Don't leave your slippers laying around. Especially if you have a weasel of a dog.

Drink V-8 juice. (2 full servings of vegetables per can!)

Bake your pumpkin pie the night before. (courtesy of my grandma)

Don't ask the store clerk which boxed red wine is best. (Really? Franzia? Really??)

Eat pancakes.



What else do you need to know?

13 comments:

Sarah said...

I was browsing volunteer opportunities and found a bunch of pet foster organizations. Must resist! Especially since Aaron's husky is now living with him and spending a lot of time at my house. Two dogs is enough!

MeganElise said...

Clearly the wine clerk has never had Target box wine.

Jenn said...

I've made the mistake of browsing the pet adoption ads. I regretted it immediately.

Also, Franzia is delicious. I don't care what anyone says. $10 for a box of drunk? Who could resist?!

Pretty Unfamous said...

I hate tomato juice. But I love V-8 Splash! It's yummy!!

Katelin said...

i think eating pancakes is definitely advice everyone should adhere to, they're just too delicious to not eat.

Erin W said...

I am NOT allowed near the pets section of Craigslist... I end up e-mailing sad stories about kittens who will be killed if not adopted and e-mailing them to my mom... who then informs me that I am not able to singlehandedly save every kitten and therefore am not allowed to adopt another.

andy said...

Gems from my dad...

"Don't quit your job until you have another one."

y

"If you cut your toenails, your socks last longer."

FrenChic said...

Amanda - I thought you put your plants on ice? And you've totally got the sequel to that Baz Luhrmann "Sunscreen" song started.

Andy - my dad always says the same thing about jobs! I don't always listen, though...

jamie said...

Oh that first one is bad news. I follow a rescue on twitter and just was browsing the site and found a male corgi.

I was like BUT IT'S EDIE'S BROTHER! WE HAVE TO HELP!

Non Sequitur Chica said...

Yeah, I was recently trying to find Bernese Mountain Dog puppies after my aunt tried to give us a Black Lab puppy. Boy that was tough....

Maxie said...

Just don't go for franzia "delicious red"

it tastes like vomit.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I'm with you on browsing the animal shelters at the poor animals that need to be saved yesterday!!!!! I use to do that all the time and then I would be so depressed because I couldn't save them! I had to stop doing that immediately!

sarah marie p said...

This is very good advice. Thank you!
I probably should have taken it more to heart because my pooch just chewed up my gold flats. oops.

Yummmm pancakes!