Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cat's outta the bag

I am thinking about going back to school for my master's degree. I've already missed the application deadline but I've made a good impression with someone influential in the program and I'm being encouraged to apply despite the deadline of March 1.

Because I'm already late I've been scrambling for letters of recommendation, requesting transcripts, and getting information regarding program prerequisites and trying to figure out how I can fulfill them as quickly as possible.

I don't want to give too much away at this time--but this would be something entirely new for me. I currently work as a publicist and though I don't hate the work, I feel like I'm supposed to be doing something else with my short time here on Earth. Life is too short to spend it doing something that leaves me unfulfilled. Applying to this master's program is my first step in rectifying that.

So wish me luck and please pardon my void here on the interwebz.

XOXO

27 comments:

Woy said...

Good luck!

Hillary said...

Wish you much luck, ox.

alyssa said...

Thank you so much for sharing this, as I have been feeling this STRONGLY lately. Good luck!!!

Windsor Grace said...

Good luck! Hopefully you'll have a better experience than I did. I got into the program and was like, what am I doing here? I can't write anymore academic papers on Socrates.

Tia said...

Good luck! I absolutely LOVED grad school!

Leanne said...

So exciting! Good luck!

Julia said...

good luck! i just finished applying to grad school (and just got accepted to Columbia!) and so I know how much work it actually is! so i hope you get accepted! it makes it all worth it in the end :)

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK! I am confident you will do wonderful things.

Anonymous said...

wishing you total amounts of luck- you don't need it though. take me up on my offer to help! i don't mind. i absolutely think you should ask a few people to proof your essays, etc. my opinion is this: worry most about what is needed from YOU from the school (essays, etc.) and less about the recommendations, etc. most schools will accept you conditionally (and you'll get the unconditional acceptance when all the stuff is in)
so ask for all the references, and request the transcripts, then don't worry about the rest until your part is done.
YAYAYAYAY!!!!!! so proud of you!

Non Sequitur Chica said...

Good luck! How exciting!

Anonymous said...

How exciting. My boyfriend just went through all of the application stuff.

Good Luck!

chandra h said...

best of luck ! just stumbled upon your blog and I'm looking forward to reading more - love the name :)

<3 http://www.prettytimepiece.org

Quirky said...

Do it. I loved going back to school for my masters. (And if I could find someone to fund my doctorate program, I'd do that too). Lots of luck, and I hope school helps you find what you're looking for!

Anonymous said...

I truly admire you for wanting to grab life by the [insert testicle slang here] and pursue something fulfilling. Way to go, my friend.

ria said...

good luck! i wish i knew what i wanted to do with my short period on this earth!

Anonymous said...

Awesomesauce! Good luck!

Katelin said...

aw that is awesome! good luck!

Kyla Roma said...

good luck good luck good luck!

Doniree said...

Life IS too short to be doing something that leaves you unfulfilled - good luck with your decisions and application process!

Anonymous said...

I thought about going to school. And then I thought about it some more and it just never happened. I might just be lazy. Good luck with that though!

Sarah said...

how cool, good luck!!

stefanie said...

Good luck!!!!!

jamie said...

Good luck, lady!

terra said...

Good luck!!

Unknown said...

Your blog is very nice!
Visit my blog, please: www.spaingossipgirl.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Your blog is very nice!
Visit my blog, please: www.spaingossipgirl.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Good luck!