Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Resolutions for 2011

I'm keeping it simple this year:

Resolution #1: Be happy.
Resolution #2: Be active (mentally and physically).

I have been pretty down lately. Not sure if it's just the winter blues or something more. I've been trying to make some changes that will help me through to the spring. The first step is to get my blood pumping so I'm not so fatigued all the damn time. (I still am without a diagnosis to explain this constant symptom.) My in-laws gave me some Zumba workout DVDs for Christmas and I think doing a few workouts a week will help me feel a little more energetic this winter. I'm also starting back up with a very basic lifting routine to hopefully prevent any future incidence of oesteoparosis. (Something wee ones like myself must think about long before old age.)

I've also been involved in several freelance projects that are keeping my mind busy this winter. (Bonus: The extra money from these projects will help us make some much needed updates to the house this spring.)

So, that's that. What are you hoping to achieve this year?

11 comments:

Hillary said...

I want to learn how to use my new camera. That's pretty much it :) I don't want to overwhelm myself with resolutions and then not accomplish any.

Tam said...

I like these. Smart and simple.

I feel ya on the winter/job blues - we need to get together for coffee pretty lady!

saraH said...

I'm with ya! Simple is the way to go with these type of things.

Katelin said...

those sound like two excellent goals to me, good luck!

Anonymous said...

certainly hope you do not have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I have battled this for 20 years.

angelasw said...

1. Your goals are the same as mine!
2. Do petite people really have a higher incidence of early osteoperosis? This is frightening news for me!
3. How do you get freelance work? I could seriously use some extra cash.

Mermanda said...

Angela, I'm a professional writer and social media administrator--and my freelance assignments are related to both skill sets. I write for a local website (about 5 articles per week) and am putting together some content on specific social media topics for a company that offers courses on social media.

My suggestion for someone who wants to start freelancing is to monitor opportunities within their skillset on craigslist job boards (which is how I found my online writing gig) and to let friends and colleagues know they are looking as well. Be wary with Craigslist, though. You never know if you will end up working with a reputable company that will actually pay you for the work you do. I lucked out with mine.

Good luck!

Holly said...

I like your resolutions. I think they make a lot of sense! :)

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

All I want is to have a better year than last year. I think that should be pretty easy to accomplish!

sarah marie p said...

Active & happy sounds like a good plan to me! Which reminds me -- I need to get to the gym & read some books! Hope your year is going great so far!

led sign said...

very beautiful~~