Saturday, July 11, 2009

The joys of cohabitation

The other night, Luke was whining in the dark--probably voicing his unhappiness with our decision to not let him sleep in our bed anymore. (That boy is big!) His incessant whining provoked a groan of annoyance from me--apparently startling Andrew's slumber.

Andrew: Hahaha! That's so weird over there!

Me: What? What where?!

Andrew: (Pointing towards my closet in the dark room--lit only by moonlight) Over there!

Me: (Not understanding what he's talking about) What is so weird?!

Andrew: Just look at it! It's a BIRD and a PIG! IT'S WEIRD!

And that's about the exact moment I realized that he was talking in his sleep.

12 comments:

Sarah said...

that's hilarious! my ex used to talk in his sleep and i'd write down what he said and show him in the morning. i wish i still had it because he said some weird stuff too.

Maggie said...

hahahah! that's hilarious! my fiancé talks in his sleep too and its usually hilarious because he gets angry at me when I don't know what he's talking about. then I make fun of him for it in the morning.

Pretty Unfamous said...

Hahaha, what did he say when you told him in the morning?

Sarah said...

Jon does that all the time! At first it really creeps me out but boy, it sure does make a good blog post!

Hillary said...

This is why I'm glad that Shawn doesn't have a blog. I talk in my sleep all the time.

Lauren said...

Hahaha. Awesome! One of my roommates while in college spoke in his sleep. Only he spoke in German. The Jewish side of me was very scared.

Katelin said...

haha matt talks in his sleep sometimes too and it's always entertaining.

Unknown said...

that's so funny. i just like the randomness of the animals mentioned -- it's a bird, it's a pig.... i'd really like to know what he thought he saw. :)

Melissa Maris said...

Haha that made me laugh out loud. I actually woke MYSELF up sleep-talking the other morning.

Tam said...

When j first started med school he would yell out things like

bicarbonate hemogloblin!

It would scare the crap out of me. He would also grind his teeth so bad before a test it would wake me up. He had to get a little mouth piece made... so I could sleep :)

sarah marie p said...

Heee! I love the talking in the sleep talk! That's the best! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

HA! My college roommate used to talk in her sleep, and it freaked me the hell out. Although the time she said, "OK, so Dairy Queen's on you, then?" was pretty funny.