Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Confirmation

Andrew's parents and sister have always made me feel like a part of the family. But this year is different. It's our first Christmas as a married couple. And yesterday, while baking Christmas cookies with his parents, I discovered something I didn't recognize hanging on their mantle... something AMAZING.



My very own stocking!

See, Andrew's family has very good taste in everything. Especially holiday decorations. And I've admired their Christmas stockings for years. Each family member has his/her own unique stocking, all by the same designer (Patience Brewster, Department 56) including Mr. and Mrs. Frog (see below), a Nutcracker, and Ballerina.




Now that I have the Pointsettia Lady stocking, I am OFFICIALLY 100% part of the family. If the marriage license wasn't enough confirmation, this sure is. :D

8 comments:

Ben said...

Sweet baby Santa...I don't know what to make of that.

Sarah said...

how cool! Yay for you! Those are some unique stockings!!

Julia said...

oh wow your so creative. it is nice to receive some form of confirmation! i agree.

amber said...

That's sweet!

Katelin said...

aw that is so cute that you have your own stocking. yay christmas!

Anonymous said...

How sweet

Unknown said...

Love that stocking! Totally what I would buy if I were ever in the market to buy a stocking.
I descend from a Patience Brewster on my Dad's side, just found it interesting :-)

sarah marie p said...

So sweet your official acceptance into the family was marked with the coolest stocking ever!