Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fleeting Joy

Yesterday for five fleeting minutes, I was the proud owner of this seasonal decorative pillow, purchased at K-mart for the low low price of $4.99:




It's hard to get a feel for the scale of this gentleman... he's 18" tall and 13" wide. Much larger than, say, a traditional dog toy. But to Lucas' untrained eye, there was no difference between my new little holiday friend and something he would like to lick every square inch of just moments before tearing out the stuffing. :sob:

RIP Mr. Owl. I wish I would have had the chance to get to know you a little better. You are in a better place now. (That is, if being in the trash smothered in the remains of last night's dinner is considered an upgrade from the shelves of K-mart...)

9 comments:

Ben said...

I had friends over for dinner last night and they all seemed horrified when Theo yanked the throw pillow off the couch and started digging at it.

My explanation:

"Oh don't worry. The pillows don't go with the couch...........now that Theo has demolished them slowly over the course of a year."

Sarah said...

ahh what a cute cute pillow! Or it was a cute cute pillow :( I could totally see Frank doing the same thing

Hillary said...

why does Lucas hate Christmas?

alyssa said...

Oh my gosh that is adorable!!! So sad! My dogs would so do that!

Katelin said...

aw that is a super cute owl, maybe you can get another one and put it up out of reach?

ria said...

aw poor mr. owl, he was totally cute!

the NEO-traditionalist said...

Awww he's so cute! What a tragedy... We go through the same ordeal weekly with our pug pup and his toys...they never seem to last long!
XX Kate

Mermanda said...

Katelin, there aren't many places "out of reach" for a greyhound on his hind legs. :)

Gonezo said...

OH NO!

That sucks. My dog was never in to destroying my things. Thank goodness. Although there was that one time I caught her humping my Wrinkles dog puppet and I was traumatized for like.