Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Decompressing

Friday was my last day at my job. During my week off before I start my new job, I am supposed to "decompress."

So far, my week consists of rearranging furniture, cleaning out closets and junk drawers, sewing buttons on clothing that has been awaiting mending for almost a year, helping the husband with yard work, working on freelance writing, and driving all over the region in search of some antique furniture that won't break the bank. Does that sound like "decompressing" to anyone? Yeah, I didn't think so.

I'm not a total failure, however. I did get an intense massage on Saturday. (It left me feeling like someone beat me up, but I felt quite good the next day.) I also celebrated my sister's 22nd birthday with a visit to Red Fin Blues, where the entire family ordered the "all you can eat" crab legs. Mmmmmmmm.

Tonight, Andrew and I are beginning our hunt for a love seat. Something nice, but not too nice. After all, as Andrew put it yesterday, we are basically buying it for a dog to lay on all day. (Luke thinks every surface in our house is "his bed." It's cute, except for when he's kicking you in the ribs at 3 a.m. (Okay, even then, it's still a little cute.)


I mean, just look at him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to your blog in awhile but randomly popped in yesterday to see lots of new posts. Very excited to hear you're keeping your blog! And good luck at the new job.

erin said...

Such a cute picture!
Enjoy your week off!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

awwww he's the most precious thing!

Hannah said...

all you can eat crab legs sound amazing :) hope you are able to relax at least a little this week!

Anonymous said...

Twitter suggested I check you out. And after reading your first post, I found that Twitter was right :) I mean, who doesn't buy furniture for their dogs to lay on? Only the crazy people, that's for sure :)