Tuesday, May 20, 2008

No Ghosts. Just Quiznos Today.

I was too lazy to pack myself a lunch last night, so I threw a can of soup in my bag and called it a day. Unfortunately, Lazy Amanda forgot how much Hungry Amanda despises soup for lunch. It's boring. It's unsatisfying. It contains no bread. What is to like about soup, really?

I was so displeased with the idea of vegetable soup for lunch that I waited as long as could to eat lunch--hoping hunger is a temporary state of mind, and maybe those 20 ginger snaps I just ate would be a good lunch substitute.

Well, 3:00 rolled around and I am one of those people who need to eat every two hours or I start feeling dizzy and weird. When I get really low blood sugar, it isn't pretty, my friend. Ok. The soup is still in my bag. Should I just go heat it up in the microwave? No. Soup bores me. (Except miso soup. Andrew, I am totally serious about killing you if you eat my soup from TJ's. Srsly.)

Cue the impromptu dash to Quiznos. I have been packing my lunch in an effort to save money. Quiznos is by no means a luxury splurge, but it ain't exactly a can of soup either. To compromise, I tried the very affordably priced $2 Sonoma Turkey Sammie. I brought it back to my office and eagerly took my first bite. HELLO FLAVOR EXPLOSION! I didn't even know what was in a Sonoma Turkey Sammie, but I figured it would be better than soup no matter what. Had I read the ingredients, I might not have ordered it because I am not big on exotic spices like pepperjack and chipotle. But boy-oh-boy! This little gem hit my tastebuds in all the right places. FYI: the Sonoma Turkey Sammie contains turkey (surprise!), pepper jack cheese and Chipotle Mayo--as well as the usual tomato and lettuce. Mmmmmmmm!

I can't wait to go back for the 2 sammie special. Tell them Amanda sent you. (Then please tell me about all the weird looks you received from the Quiznos peeps who don't know what you're talking about.)

In other news, I am now part of the 20-something bloggers. My question is, however, do I get kicked out in six years when I turn 30? That'll be way harsh.

3 comments:

Laura said...

ha! this post cracks me up!
i'm a big quiznos fan...& i tend to splurge far too often (a $6 sub is indeed a splurge for me).
the sammies are delicious!
i've never tried the turkey but the italiano is amazing.
one is just not enough!

Heather said...

Haha! I feel the same way about soup. Where's the bread?

Anonymous said...

i have the same exact question. I thought about emailing Lisa from 20something but then decided i didn't want to be the person who asked her that question...i'm guessing it's the most asked question and i like to seem mysteriously informed...but really I don't know wtf is going on.