Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I don't see what all the fuss is about... this is easy

So listen up, blog buds. I'm not turning this train into the chronicles of a crazy bride to be/wedding planning mania. I'll update you when big decisions are made, or ask you to weigh in when Andrew and I are on the fence about choices. So don't fret about me going on and on and on about the whole wedding business. Deal?

So... as for big decisions... WE'VE ALREADY MADE SOME! Quick, right? Hey, we are people who know what we want.

The date is set for September 19, 2009. The festivities will take place here:



Andrew and I visited the site yesterday and fell in love instantly. It is very close to where we live, and it has an incredibly whimsical feeling to it. I love the dark wooden beams and high ceiling. There is even outdoor space included in the rental, so we have many options when it comes to how we want to set up the venue.

The guy in charge of the special events at the venue is great. We clicked with him instantly, and he's going to be such a fabulous resource for us. He didn't want us to sign a contract with him until we looked at other sites, but Andrew and I know what else is out there. And this place is definitely for us. We're paying the deposit tonight. Love!

I know I promised a recap of the sleep study, and all this excitement has pushed that to the back of my mind. But I'm seeing the sleep doctor tomorrow to go over the results of the study, so expect a full report tomorrow!

11 comments:

Hillary said...

yay for finding a venue!
and, uh, don't want to rain on your parade but finding the venue was the first (and easiest) thing we did. and then it went downhill from there. enjoy this part (the fun part!)of wedding planning!

Kyla Bea said...

lol The big items are easy, I think it's when people get 40% done a massive DIY invitation project or when their ex- step father starts legal proceedings to have their mother lose their house 4 days before their wedding that people lose their minds.

My reaction when #2 happened to me I broke into full body hives.

What I found was that it's the interpersonal stuff that can really be difficult. But if you can get the planning done all up front you'll be great!

Gwen said...

Beautiful venue! The two of you will be faced with A LOT of decisions in the coming year so if it feels right, like this did, do it.

Unknown said...

Such a great venue, I'm so excited that you get to plan your wedding and that Andrew is actually involved. I was never a crazy bride either the whole point is to enjoy it not to fret.

B said...

That is super gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, that is a gorgeous venue!

Not Tina said...

Gorgeous! So gorgeous in fact, it makes me want to go find me a man to get married there myself! What are the odds they'll still be around in 20 years?

Rachel said...

That place is PERFECT

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Having just gone through the wedding craze myself, I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to have a GOOD resource at your wedding venue. Ours was AMAZING and she made a huge difference in our experience. I've heard NIGHTMARE stories about others. So, good for you for knowing a "catch" when you see it. Plus, the venue looks gorgeous from those thumbnail photos!

sarah marie p said...

Wow! That place is super, super beautiful! Love it!