Wednesday, December 3, 2008

May your days be merry and bright

Tonight is my sleep study. I am a little more nervous than I thought I would be about sleeping hooked up to a bunch of sensors. I have to be at the facility at 9 p.m. I wonder if they will send me straight to bed. I'm allowed to bring my laptop, so maybe I'll live blog my sleep study, if that's even possible.

What I'm most curious about is tomorrow's half of the study. I will be put in a sleep deprivation situation where they will see how long it takes me to fall asleep for three consecutive naps. I think the sleep deprivation part will be that as soon as I fall asleep, they'll be waking me up. Someone might get punched. They better be careful.

And now, a little dose of Andrew on the holidays:

Andrew: Someone set up a stupid fake plant covered with blinking colored lights right next to my desk. It's driving me crazy. There are also 3 six inch tall singing mice in hats. I hate working in the hallway :(

Me: Tell me about the singing.

Andrew: I haven't heard them sing yet--but I've been warned that they have the ability to sing.

***************************

So there you have it, folks. I hope your holidays are full of mice wearing lots of nice hats and absolutely no vocal chords.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know that I could handle the singing mice....

Good luck w/your sleep study! Hope no one gets punched!

Ben said...

I think he will be a delightful dose of holiday spirit over the next month.

Anonymous said...

good luck with the sleep study!

The Dutchess of Kickball said...

The two seemingly unrelated topics in your post actually do have something in common: Things I would kill people over. Death to those who wake me up for interrupt my entire life with cheezy christmas decore.

Unknown said...

I concur with DoK I absolutely love the randomness of this post. If it was me I would totally send a singing telegram to Andrews office and make sure they dressed up as 3 Christmas mice in hats.

Becky said...

Good luck on the sleep study! I would also punch someone if they woke me up repeatedly from a nap.

Pretty Unfamous said...

I'd be really pissed, too, if someone kept waking me up from a nice nap. Good luck!

Allison said...

Good luck with your sleep study. My Andrew is kind of like your Andrew about the holidays and blinking stuff and anything that sings. hehehe

Anonymous said...

Omg, I really hope you can live blog. I am so excited to hear what it's like!!

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Sleep deprivation might as well be called torture.

Rachel said...

I'm living with a singing Mickey Mouse doll and a singing Snowman...which my daughter likes to play non-stop

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

oh wow, good luck with the sleep study!

Kyla Bea said...

The sleep study sounds like it will be a strange experience - I hope they at least buy you starbucks after!

And also, I hope that those damn mice aren't the way they choose to wake you up.

Good luck!

Gwen said...

I can't wait to hear how it went. Is it appropriate to wish you sweet dreams?

Anonymous said...

I hope the sleep study goes well!

Melissa Maris said...

If you do punch anyone, I hope you can go back to sleep afterwards.

sarah marie p said...

Good luck with the sleep study! I can't wait to hear all about it. Sounds like it will be quite the experience!