Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm such a fool...

Chatting with Andrew online during my lunch break, he told me how angry people get at his job when people call. I (half-jokingly) replied oh, me too! I get so angry when people call me. I have to take a deep breath...

That's when my phone rang. Suspicious of the timing, I answered expecting to hear Andrew cackling on the line.

I said my first and last name, my standard phone greeting at work, and listened for a reply. Nothing.

More certain than ever that it was Andrew messing with me, I said "HELLO?" It was then that I heard a small strange voice say "Helllllloooooooo."

Immediately recognizing the weird voice as one Andrew's goofy voices, I yelled, "I KNEW IT WAS YOU!"

Um... yeah. That's when a very confused reporter asked if he had the right person, and proceeded to ask me a question about a story he was writing. Ooopsie...

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha that's classic!

Laura said...

hahaha, oops!

Lacey Bean said...

I once did that to one of my parents' friends. My friend had said I'll call you right back, so when the phone rang I screamed "HELLO!!!" in a super obnoxious voice, and it was definitely not my friend. Haha.

Rachel said...

I hate it when my brothers are back at my parents house for the summer/holidays. They sound exactly like my dad. I never have any clue who I'm talking to.....

Ben said...

Ahhhahahahaha I hope that makes it into the story.

Anonymous said...

hahaha uh oh

Home Sweet Sarah said...

HA. HA. HA. Awesome.

Tam said...

I'm glad you added "on my lunch break" just to cover your A$$. I blog at work, on my lunch break, all the time. Good thing you didn't go straight into a dirty inside joke... that would have really made for a great story! Ah, work.

Allison said...

Aren't guys the best? Sometimes?

Melissa Maris said...

Oh I love phone snafus. :)

Anonymous said...

i hate when i do things like that! i've done it a couple times hehe

Elizabeth said...

Funny, funny! It was probably too confusing for him to process anyway, so no worries!

Becky said...

I have done that before at work. It always ends with my co-worker laughing hysterically while I turn beet red.

Anonymous said...

Definitely a whoopsie moment! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL that's cute!

B said...

Oh, how I love situations like that. I've been in them on an occasion or two. Haha.

Maris said...

Too funny! I have done that with friends before when I thought they answered the phone and it was really a brother/sister/mom. Oops.

sarah marie p said...

Whoops! hahaha. That's so freakin funny. Sounds like something I would have done. Classic.

Lauren said...

Ha! Awesome!

brandyismagic said...

Ha!! This was my favourite post of the day. Poor reporter.

Sid said...

Hahaha. But what did the reporter want to know? Are you going to be in some groundbreaking story about corruption? drugs?

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha, I've done that before... a few times.

Jenny said...

lol - awesome. i've hung up on a client before becuase i thought he was a telemarketer. oh well, you win some you lose some. =)