Monday, March 2, 2009

Hooked again (Sorry for the lame pun)

I'm giving crochet another go. My awesomely talented crafty friend Kristen was in town this weekend. While here, she helped me fix the giant mess I made of the afghan I started crocheting last winter. We ripped out about 2 hours' worth of work (in addition to the approximately ten hours' worth of crochet I ripped out last winter when I started to notice my rectangular blanket was actually more of a triangle. Sigh.)

I also just started the third book in the Twilight Series. I'm still not sure if I actually enjoy reading these books or if I'm just too curious to see how it ends to stop.

Either way, touche Ms. Meyer. Touche.

I'm planning on being rather scarce this week in light of my reinvigorated desire to finish this damn afghan. Wish me luck.

xo

11 comments:

Gwen said...

I just finished the first book and I think the writing is . . . well . . . simplistic. But you're right, it's the story that sucks you in, you have to find out what happens next.

Besides, the sexual tension is fun.

KatieSaysSo said...

someone just made me this badass afghan and i love it. my apt recently burnt down ya know and so all these people have donated items and i would hands down say the afghan was my favorite gift given to me. i wish i knew how to crochet!!!! i would make myself 100 of these heaven blankets!!!!!!

oh and the twilight series...yep..sucked me right in...like twice..

Anonymous said...

I don't know how to crochet, but I LOVE to knit. My friends make fun of me, but its so relaxing. Is crocheting hard?

thatShortchick said...

like harry potter, twilight is a series i WILL NEVER be able to get into but it's interesting reading everyone else's opinions on it though.

good luck with the crocheting!! that's a skill i will never get the hang of.

Katelin said...

haha yeah twilight has definitely sucked in everyone i know so far. and whether out of curiosity or boredom they all finish it somehow.

Anonymous said...

The third book was better than the second in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

good luck with the afghan! i think i read the whole series because i wanted to know what happened hehe

Anonymous said...

good luck! also: i'd like to hear whether you thought it was worth it or not when you get to the end - before i start reading them, haha.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I long to be crafty, but I have no patience what so ever! I need you to finish this project! I need to know it's possible. If you won't do it for yourself, do for me... a strange girl with a dream of actually finishing something someday!

Unknown said...

"awesomely talented crafty friend"... i like the sound of that. can you do my PR? ;)
i'm too curious about the twilight books too -- starting the third book sometime this week.
good luck with the afghan. hopefully i was able to troubleshoot and diagnose the issue well enough. :) let me know if you need any more help!

Maxie said...

i've been making the same scarf for two years.