Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Three things that will change your life

Today I bring you three things that will change your life:

#1 Bra Baby
What is the worst thing in the world? Easy. Clothes that need washed by hand. (What, you were expecting me to say social injustice?) Okay, so maybe it's not as high on the scale of "things that ruin humanity" as genocide and Boy George cover bands, but still. It sucks. I think we can all agree on that much.

That's why this little invention has saved my life. The days of scrubbing out the sink and hanging dripping wet bras over my dining room chairs to dry are over.


Found in the "As Seen On TV" section of Bed, Bath, and Beyond and available online, this is one of my favorite purchases of 2008. You just secure your bra inside this two part contraption, throw it in the wash with the rest of your soiled garments, and lay flat to dry. What more could you ask for? I found that using the Bra Baby not only makes my life easier, but it really extends the life of my bras, keeping them pristine and in great shape.

#2 Proactiv
I haven't used Proactiv since high school, but recently my face wash has been leaving behind a film and just wasn't doing the trick. I saw the TV commercial for Proactiv offering the free travel kit with purchase, so I signed back up. (Who doesn't love "free gifts"? Crazy people. That's who.)

My first shipment arrived Friday and my skin already feels one hundred times smoother, softer, and clearer. Why did I ever leave this stuff behind?! Blasphemy! Even if your skin is pretty clear, this is a great line of products for your every day routine. Click here to get the same special offer as me.

#3 Save the Last Dance Soundtrack
Do I really need to explain this? It's THE BEST SOUNDTRACK EVER. Seriously. If you ever feel like shaking your booty, this is the music to do it to.


My favorite part of listening to this soundtrack is reenacting the final audition scene of the film to Athena Cage's "All Or Nothing." You really can't say you've lived until you try it.

Now tell me some things that will change my life!

XO

31 comments:

B said...

Proactiv is my saving grace.

Lauren said...

Did you see that "save the last dance" was on TV this past weekend? Because it was. And if that movie is on, I AM WATCHING IT.

I really love that movie AND soundtrack. There. I admitted it. :)

Hillary said...

I Love You, Man will change your life. Well, maybe not your life. But it is reaaalllly good. You should go see it. You're welcome.

Lindsay said...

I almost didn't try Proactive because Jessica Simpson was their spokesperson and I kind of don't ever want to use anything associated with her (yes, I have strong opinions about her for no real reason). Now I can't live without the Revitalizing Toner.

Well played, Jessica Simpson, well played.

Anonymous said...

i need one of those bra babies!

proactive didn't work for me. i've been using clean and clear acne cleanser and it works great.

Non Sequitur Chica said...

Proactiv does work, but be careful of your pillowcases/clothes. My sister used to use it and bleached out a lot of her stuff.

Andrea said...

I downloaded the Save the Last Dance soundtrack on Napster back in the pre-iTunes days. Ah, high school.

The Dutchess of Kickball said...

Is it wrong that I have never in my life hand washed a garment, delicate or otherwise.

Tam said...

I heart Save the Last Dance, and I might need a bra baby. Do you still have to hang the bra up to dry?

Proactive, I contemplate it... a lot. Me and my face are always at war.

Mermanda said...

Lauren, I didn't see it on TV, but I have it on DVD, so I watch it plenty enough to annoy Andrew. :)

Hillary, I believe you. And I will see it. Thank you.

Non Sequitur Chica, I know! I ruined a lot of towels in high school. Definitely a draw back to using the product.

DOK, I won't judge you.

Tam, I just lay it flat to dry, but it takes a lot less time to dry b/c of the spin cycle in the washer.

Pretty Unfamous said...

I really want a Bra Baby, but I'd need like 5 of them!

Arlynn said...

I am super-obsessed with "As Seen on TV" items. I mean, come on... I own the Snuggie & I'm dying for those Bumpits - big hair here I come!

Now I'm in need of that bra thing. Ebaying for it now. Thanks.

: - )

Anonymous said...

Great post! I think that one of the things that changed my life was Dove Straightening Cream... AMAZING!

Maxie said...

Hope in a jar. It's expensive but SO worth it.

runner up: burt's bees body butter.

alyssa said...

The Bra Baby is intriguing! I stopped using Practiv after a while because I didn't feel it was doing as good as a I thought it should, I paid for the $42/every 3 months (or something like that) for yeaaaarrrrs. I still don't feel like I"ve found the perfect thing, though. Blegh!

.jimaie.marie. said...

LOL! I LOOOOVE the save the last dance soundtrack! I SO need to find mine, it's been awhile since i've listened to it, i need to put that shiz on my ipod! Seriously listened to that all the time in high school tho :D
I've been wanting to try ProActive for so long but am constantly hearing mixed reviews so i haven't bought it yet...once again i am now considering it! ha. oh the power of persuasion.

Anonymous said...

Three things that changed my life:
1) Gazela Vinho Verde (it's a beautiful CHEAP white wine)
2) Eat Pray Love
3) Radiohead's "Reckoner"

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

the bra baby?!?! now that's an interesting contraption. i wonder if it comes in DDDDD size.

(i have really big boobs)

Anonymous said...

Question: Does proactive make your face dry/peel? I have really dry skin, which can also cause face troubles because the pores can't breath, but every time I try a product like this, it makes my dry skin worse. Anybody know?

KatieSaysSo said...

so far my 2009 is a lot happier thanks to my snuggie.

i say everyone gets one!!!

Mermanda said...

Kitty, what's great about Proactiv is that the first step has a great exfoliant in it--so it should slough off all of your dead skin cells and really open your pores.

And step 2, the toner soothes the skin, to prevent any peeling. (At least that's my guess.)

I have sensitive skin too but I never have any peeling problems with Proactiv. In fact, I was having a lot of dry skin around my nose before I started the Proactiv this weekend, and it cleared up in two days. It's magic!

thatShortchick said...

i tried proactiv last august and it just did not work for me. and i was extremely bummed about that.

i was even more upset over the fact that the proactiv customer service people kept pestering me about not wanting to continue receiving shipments. NO = NO!

i use cetaphil now and i LOVE it! i do wish they made an exfoliant though.

Katelin said...

that soundtrack is one of the bests for sure.

Anonymous said...

that bra baby seems amazing. i was little skeptical because of the name.

Anonymous said...

Sharpie pens. I'm a perpetual smudger but with these? No smudge! It's awesome!

Anonymous said...

I want a bra baby!

Ashley // Our Little Apartment said...

Um, I never pay attention to "wash by hand" or "dry clean only" tags.

Everything (I mean, EVERYTHING. Even my wool coat!) can be washed cold in the washer and then laid flat to dry.

Awesome.

Anonymous said...

I'm so thrilled you included the Save The Last Dance soundtrack, it was the soundtrack to my eighth grade year in school. As a nerdy kid in the Midwest, I wanted to be a hip hop dancer so badly and it gave me hope!

Kerri W. said...

Hahaha! That soundtrack is the best! Totally brought me back to driving around with one of my younger sisters...

"You can do it, put your back into it..."

Love it!

Anonymous said...

I used to be obsessed with that movie!

I wash my bras in the washing machine on the delicate cycle. I'm too lazy to wash them by hand.

Katie said...

I want the bra baby. I've lost two of my most favorite bras to the evil washing machine. *sigh*