Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Important update (about poop)

Whew. Two months until the wedding... I'm sensing this sudden lull in posts will be the norm for a while around here.

But I had to interrupt the silence for an important update.

Lucas pooped in a bucket.

I'm sorry... did you hear me?

LUCAS POOPED IN A BUCKET!

It was totally unprovoked... meaning we did not in any way train him or encourage this behavior. He just took it upon himself to go ahead and poop in a bucket that was on the floor in our laundry room. And we are not talking a small amount of poop--either. He was in it to win it.

I really give him credit for being so considerate. That was an easy clean-up. (We threw away the bucket. Why throw away the bucket you might ask? Ask Andrew. It was his idea.)

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I love crazy dog poop stories...Luke's is classic because it shows he has creativity, pooping in a bucket is not anyone's first choice for a pooping locale.

B said...

I'm pretty sure I'd throw it away too. haha.

In other news: your dog is awesome.

Ben said...

HA! I'm pretty sure that was his form of punk'd.

Sh. said...

Priceless! Dogs are so crazy! I always find myself wishing mine could talk so I could understand why they do such off-the-wall things!

ria said...

that is talent!

Erin W said...

You know... he could probably be toilet trained...

Maxie said...

You should save that bucket for any nasty neighbors. With the poo i mean.

Pretty Unfamous said...

Maybe if you get another bucket he'll make it a habit!

Lindsay said...

Wow! Maybe you can teach him to use the toilet, like those cats on TV. He's a smartie.

Hillary said...

Am I the only one who thinks that Andrew pooped in the bucket to fuck with you?

Kyla Roma said...

LOL Okay, I can't think straight after reading Hillary's comment at all. But this story is amazing & is made better for her suggestion.

Katelin said...

haha that's pretty funny, lucas is definitely a one of a kind dog that's for sure.

MsDarkstar said...

You got a new bucket, right?

Melissa Maris said...

This is the funniest post. You're a total crack-up. So do you think this was a one-time thing? Or is he calling it his doggie toilet?

I can't believe your wedding is only 2 months away! Exciting!

(By the way, my verification word is "minterde"...I think that's what Lucas left in the bucket.)

Mermanda said...

Maybe I will try to toilet train him... unless it turns out it was Andrew... then I'm just going to poop in a bigger and better bucket. (Just kidding, mom!)