Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sneaking a peek & more about poop

Andrew was sleuthing around our registries online a few days ago when he told me some very exciting news. Someone bought the fanny pack, y'all! Oh, don't mind my Southern twang. You see, I realized today I look like a news anchor from Texas. I am not sure if this is a good thing or not, but when I look in the mirror it's just very obvious. I'd show you a picture but every time I take one with my phone it looks like I am holding marbles in my cheeks and have no lips. It's not a good look, y'all. But I swear I have lips, y'all. They ain't none of them big ol' Angelina whatsherface lips, but they ain't bad for a set of lips, y'all. Y'all? Remember when Luke pooped in a bucket? Well, after mentioning this on a greyhound group thread via Facebook, someone mentioned they have great success sliding a bag under their hound's bum to catch the poo as it falls. If you have never had the pleasure of scooping squishy, runny, dog poop from your neighbor's yard... you're really lucky, y'all. Intrigued by the Facebook poop ninja move, Andrew went along on our nightly walk with one mission. To catch the poop before it hit the ground, y'all. And y'all? After a few false alarms, Andrew officially earned the title of Poop Ninja. Not a drop hit the grass. Not a drop. Y'all.

8 comments:

Chris said...

It's "y'all", as in "you all". :P

Mermanda said...

Thank you, Chris. I made the change. Now I am an official Southerner.

Hillary said...

Andrew is my hero

Kristin said...

This makes me laugh! You should def catch that "catcher" on camera! So hilarious!

Andrew said...

In the future, I'd prefer to be referred to as Poopsmith. Thank you.

Lindsay said...

I never knew greyhounds were such excellent poopers! I wish my parents' dog had those skills, would have made my petsitting last week much easier.

Sarah said...

if my dog wasn't so short i might attempt to be a poop ninja. but he also moves when he poops, so i might just end up with shit on my hands.

Sh. said...

You crack me up! Not so sure I'm interested in getting that close to my pups' bums while they're doing their business. I'd rather just grab it post-exit on the ground :)