Friday, August 21, 2009

Sit this one out if you are a vegetarian...

...or vegan, Orthodox Jew, Muslim, or belong to some other sect of people who do not partake in the eating of pork products. Just hit up the archives and we'll get back to you later. No offense. The door is that way... sorry about the trouble. See you Monday. Are they gone?! LET'S TALK ABOUT BACON! WAHOOOOOOOOOO! This morning, my coworker asked me, "What is up with this sudden bacon craze?" I explained to him that this "sudden" craze has been going strong for several years. I rattled off the bacon products I could think of off the top of my head: bacon dental floss, chocolate covered bacon... "I don't see what is so refreshing about bacon? Why would you want to brush your teeth and smell like bacon? Sure, bacon is good... but it's not exactly the nectar of the Gods. There has to be at least 300 other foods I'd rather eat besides bacon," coworker said. Woah. Woooah. Hang on right there, buddy. That's a pretty blasphemous thing to say about bacon. 300 things you would rather eat before bacon? I can understand having a few things you would rather eat before bacon... maybe tacos, sushi, eggrolls, guacamole, pumpkin pie, mint chocolate chip ice cream.... but 300!? Whhhaaaahhh? I retorted quickly with a death glare: "My list of things I'd rather eat besides bacon is not quite THAT long... there's probably only about 30 things at the most that I'd rather eat besides bacon." Okay, so my number is 30. What's yours? UPDATE: See my detailed list here.

12 comments:

Home Sweet Sarah said...

Two: Pizza and ???

Okay, so maybe just one.

However, bacon on pizza is always delicious.

Hillary said...

guacamole, pumpkin pie, blueberry/peach cobbler, mac & cheese

my list is 4

there are only 4 things I would like to eat before I eat bacon

Mermanda said...

Hillary, How did I forget mac & cheese? What an idiot.

Sara said...

I'm eating my 4th piece of bacon of the day as I write this comment. Nothing beats bacon in my book recently.

B said...

I think I'd have to go with...two, maybe three.

Gwen said...

If you laid out 300 foods on a counter (a very long one) and I was to choose from those what I would eat before bacon, I guarantee you that I would snack on the bacon while I decided.

I had a boyfriend once who asked me to carry bacon in my purse for us to snack on while we ran errands. He was kidding but I did it. Best errand running day ever.

Unknown said...

You look absolutely amazing in your new picture. That is all.

alyssa said...

hahaha! I'm not gonna lie, not a big bacon or pork fan in general, not that I don't eat it. So I might be that 300 person. Don't hate!

However, a few weekend ago I did get some bacon ice cream. BOOYA!

Non Sequitur Chica said...

I don't like bacon, so I can think of at least 1000 things that I would rather eat!!

Kristin said...

one of my husbands friends LOVES bacon. He won't touch vegetables or fruit but he will eat bacon for every meal if you'll let him! def sending him that graph! :)

Maxie said...

I like bacon in things, but I'm not huge on bacon plain. I'd say I'm closer to 300 than 30

Anonymous said...

I think 30 sounds right. After eat all sorts of sweet things, and 8 varieties of pasta, and pizza, and chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, and soft pretzels, I'd like some bacon. So 30. I'm in agreement.