Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Treasure hunting on the CL

I promised I would share with you my first three Craigslist purchases. And as an added bonus, you can get a taste of the style of our new home. (House tour to come... bear with me.) 1. Stained Glass Peacock $15 We will eventually hang this against the window, but for now it is just propped up there. I can't believe this was only $15. I love it. But I'm sure you already knew that. 2. Ikea Bar Table and Stool Set ($100) The great thing about getting Ikea furniture secondhand is that you don't have to assemble it! And I love that this table is Luke-proof. This breakfast nook is the only place where we can eat high enough off the ground that his nose can't get to our food. Oh, and check out those cute little birdies hanging out on the window sill with their darling dangly little legs. Thanks, mommy! 3. Pier One Leaf Motif Fireplace Screen ($45) I was scoping out CL for something exactly like this. I got very lucky to find it just 15 minutes away from our neck of the woods. Hopefully, my next CL purchase will be a china cabinet with great style to store all of my bridal shower gifts! You hear me, Universe? Make it happen. And while I'm finally posting photos... here's the framed Katie Vernon prints I told you about a few weeks ago: Click here and here for a closer look at the prints.

15 comments:

Kristin said...

I LOVE craigslist! I got a electra cruiser bike on there for 50.00 and it had only been ridden twice! it's usually 400.00!!!! i was pumped and i found it like 8 minutes after they had posted and it was 20 minutes away! :) craigslist is amazing!

i love your breakfast corner!

Julianne said...

Nice finds! CL is amazing, love finding good deals and not having to figure out the Ikea directions.

Maxie said...

I'm going to get you something really horrible from craigslist for your wedding.

you have been warned

Hillary said...

Why is there a broken guitar hanging on your wall? IS there a story behind it? Can Andrew write a guest post about it?

Sarah said...

that stained glass is great! and for only 15 bucks...i'm impressed with your craigslist skills.

Lindsay said...

Ok, now I'm just dying to see the rest of the house. Pictures, please!

ÄsK AliCë said...

I love the fireplace screen - looks fabulous!

Arlynn said...

What on Earth did you search to find that amazing stained glass peacock?!?

I want it. Now... SO jealous :-)

Katelin said...

oooh very fun purchases, i love the peacock. so cute and so you!

Unknown said...

That stained glass is just gorgeous.

Unknown said...

glad i got to see you and the new place this weekend. your place looks awesome and you're really putting your mark on the place now. see you again soon! :)

ria said...

can't wait to see the rest!

Anonymous said...

I'm also begging the universe to bestow upon my local thrift store or craigslist the perfect china cabinet. We bought one a few weeks ago from the thrift store and as they were unloading it in front of our house, the broke it in half. FAIL.

Also, I LOVE those prints and think I need to get some myself...

Anonymous said...

I am in love with the stained glass!! It's really pretty. :)

Lauren said...

So, wait, you DIDN'T get the OBGYN operating table? Disappointed!

(Great purchases otherwise :) )