Monday, October 5, 2009

My Bridal Shower

For day two of our wedding week, I'd like to share some photos from my bridal shower. Andrew's family and my bridal party put together such a beautiful party for me. With yummy food, fun games, great guests, and amazingly generous gifts (*cough* Kitchen Aid Mixer *cough*), I was sad to see the afternoon end.



We played a game where I had to try to guess Andrew's answers to questions such as "What animal would you compare Amanda to?" Some of his answers really had me laughing.



For every question I got wrong, I had to put a piece of gum in my mouth.



Out of 20 questions, I got seven wrong.



The bubble gum was Bubblicious. Each piece is HUGE. So you can imagine how hard it was to get all seven pieces in my mouth... There may have even been some drooling...



The wad... kinda looks like a brain.



My pretty "bowquet" skillfully assembled by my future sister-in-law and bridesmaid, Jessica.



And the cake was legendary. Some guests said they would still be thinking about that cake weeks later. It involved chocolate and cheesecake and some other yummy things I can't remember. It was Very Rich. Even a chocolate lover like myself could only eat a few small bites before entering sugar coma heaven.



And my half of the wedding party. From left to right, future sister-in-law Jessica, me, my sister Lindsey, and my rockstar maid of honor Brianna. Shake your tailfeathers, ladies!

18 comments:

rachel said...

it looks like such a fun day! and um, that gum scared me a little... not gonna lie. :)

SO SOON Mrs!

Jane said...

Wow! I love your dress!

Hillary said...

the photo of the gum made me throw up a little in my mouth

ria said...

your dress was so cute! looks like a fabulous day :)

Maxie said...

you look lovely! love that dress.

michelle woo said...

So lovely!

thatShortchick said...

your dress is so cute! and it sounds like it was a great shower :)

Pretty Unfamous said...

Aw, good! I'm glad you had a nice time. And since it was outside, I'm glad the weather cooperated with you this weekend!!

A Super Girl said...

Super cute shower dress!!!

Lauren said...

What a lovely bridal shower! So pretty! ANd I love your dress!

Rae // theNotice said...

My goodness, I can't believe it's so soon!! That is one crazy piece of gum, girl. I'm glad the shower went well :) That can only foreshadow more good things, right??

Kyla Roma said...

You got a kitchen aid mixer?!!!

/dies of jealousy

My bridal party refused to throw a shower for me, so I'm all kinds of jealous (in a good way) lol =)

stefanie said...

You are beautiful!!! Btw, I am also insanely jealous of your Kitchen Aid mixer!

Mermanda said...

I just noticed that I'm cradling the wad of gum like a baby bird.

Sarah Marie said...

Haha, I played the gum game at my bridal shower too!

Ooooh. So, so cool that you got a kitchen aid mixer! Lucky duck!

I love that red dress on you!

sarah marie p said...

p.s. That last comment was from me!

Sarah said...

I cant believe you are getting married already! Time sure did fly! What a cute dress you are wearing!

.jimaie.marie. said...

you are allllll kinds of cute lil missy! I love your dress!
That gum game CRACKS ME UP, i love watching the brides to be shove piece after piece into their mouths, Hilarious!!!