Friday, February 26, 2010

Something new: "Have A Good Sandwich" in the spotlight

I'm contemplating starting a regular feature where I give props to one blog post per week that I find to be especially intelligent, funny, and/or memorable. My track record with keeping up with regular features is shaky at best. So I'll be mulling this over. But in the meantime... consider this to be the pilot post of such a feature.

The first blog in the Cusp of Normal spotlight is Have A Good Sandwich by Pittsburgher Mike Woycheck. I have known of Mike for many years, as he's the "butler" behind That's Church, formerly The Burgh Blog. However, it wasn't until he started following me on Twitter in the past month or two that we have gotten to know each other... at least as well as you can get to know someone through their tweets and blogs.

It hasn't taken me long to realize Mike is good people. Of course, anyone in Virginia Montanez' entourage has to be Very Good People.

On Monday, Mike published a very entertaining post about his young daughter's future career... as a coroner! It's both adorable and creepy. Please pay him and his crime scene a visit.

Thanks for being a pillar of the Pittsburgh social media family, Mike!

UPDATE: I should have also mentioned that Mike is the co-founder of Pittsburgh Bloggers, runs local T-shirt business Wear Pittsburgh, and has helped to organize Podcamp Pittsburgh.

2 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

I saw him first. I'm just sayin'.

Woy said...

Thanks Mermanda for the really nice post though really undeserved - Pittsburgh just has a great social media community and we're all about helping each other.

When you're ready to make your big blog move you know where to find me!