Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wanting permission to stop worrying

Yesterday, Luke's follow-up blood work revealed that his creatinine levels continue to slowly rise. He was at 2.4 yesterday, up from 2.1 Sunday and 2.2 Monday. I wish someone would just tell me that I can stop worrying about him. Instead they told me to keep him drinking water, as he's dehydrated and that can be contributing to the rising creatinine level.

I found that mixing yogurt with his water will get him to lap it up with vigor. In fact, he drank so much so quickly that he immediately threw most of it back up. That's helpful, Luke. Thanks.

I had all of his records for the past three days sent to his regular vet for review. They are on the opposite end of the city so we haven't been able to make it there with all this freaking snow. But maybe she'll have some ideas about how to monitor him for the next week or two. Or even better, maybe she'll say the magic words... "He's going to be fine. Stop worrying." Ah, that would be music to my ears.

9 comments:

Hillary said...

*hugs*

Ben said...

You never really stop worrying. Don't get your hopes up :)

Tia said...

Thinking about you. I'm really surprised if he's dehydrated that they didn't send you home with some fluids. Giving sub-q fluids at home is really easy. In fact, I've been doing it every night on a foster cat I have for the past 2 weeks. Might be worth looking into if it is truly a concern.

Anonymous said...

AWww, I'm so sorry. It's so hard NOT to worry! Good trick with the yogurt! Maybe just try to get him to drink less, more often though, so he doesn't throw up? Poor Lukey, and his poor mommy and daddy!

Anonymous said...

*hugs* Hang in there darling. I'm still sending all of my happy thoughts your way for you,your husband and Luke.

Peace Turkey said...

That picture just melted my heart. *hug*

Maxie said...

oh babe. i will be thinking about him. xo

Erin W said...

Awe, even I am worrying about Luke!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!