Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Answers Part II

You asked me questions and I answered some of them last week. Here's the second installment. What is the last thing I do before going to sleep each night? After my hygiene routine, I put in my ear plugs (Andrew snores. I hate him.) and slather on about four coats of Vaseline Intensive Lip Therapy. I turn off my light on the night stand, fluff my pillows, crawl under the covers, and throw my socks on the floor. I absolutely cannot sleep with my socks on--unless the room is particularly tundra-like, that is. Good night! If you could have one extravagant thing that you cannot afford at your wedding, what would it be? At first I was going to say something practical like a full bar (we're only serving beer and wine)--but after some thinking I came up with something really extravagant. I'd hire Iron & Wine to perform "The Trapeze Swinger" as I walk down the aisle. It's an extremely long song... more than eight minutes... so I'd like him to create a special abbreviated version just for my trip down the aisle. Not a dry eye in the house! Fast forward ten years, what are you doing if this were your ideal world? Steph Corwin, you are evil. What the heck am I supposed to say to this? Ideal world? I'd be the mother of a kid or two... possibly one of them is adopted. (I'd be a really cool mom.) Money is no worry because I'd be living off my million-dollar win on Deal or No Deal and traveling the world with my family. (It's safe to travel anywhere because there is world peace. Booya!) What is one thing that makes you smile no matter what, every time? If I know there is sushi in my future, I'm a very happy camper. How can you not be happy when you know there will soon be sushi in your mouth? Part III will follow!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Vaseline Intensive Lip therapy too! I can't sleep with socks either.

Kyla Bea said...

Aw, I love this - and for the record we walked down the aisle to Love & Some Verses by Iron and Wine.

It was even worth the international kidnapping charges to bring them here.

Anonymous said...

seriously sushi can make any day better!

Anonymous said...

I also CAN NOT sleep with socks on! And I had sushi and sake for dinner last night :) Mmm... shrimp tempura and spicy tuna rolls...

Unknown said...

I love that you want to walk down the aisle to the "The Trapeze Swinger"!

I walked down the aisle to "Kingdom Come" by Coldplay and my bridal party to "In My Life" by The Beatles. Those two moments are some of the best memories I have of my wedding. It was so uniquely us. Even if you can't have Iron and Wine perform I say you put your stamp on this regardless. It is so worth it.

Sh. said...

Socks completely stop me from sleeping...unless, like you said, it's tundra-like!

Can't wait for Part III and so bummed that I missed Part I!

alyssa said...

Even if it's tundra-like I cannot sleep with socks on! :) (I like how you used the word tundra! :D)

Hillary said...

My vote is for Andrew writing you a song to walk down the aisle to.

Lindsay said...

Three cheers for sushi! That always brightens up my day.

Maxie said...

I look forward to food too... like if I know I'm going to eat mexican food for lunch (THURSDAY! YES!) I will be excited all week.

Amanda said...

I love the unique wedding song thing. I had a cello and piano play Smashing Pumpkins "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" when I walked down the aisle. If you don't know it, it's not a depressing song like you might think. But good luck kinapping Sam from Iron and Wine....my Billy Corgan kidnapping plan was foiled. LOL!