Monday, February 9, 2009

Bye-Bye #47, Hello Bloggers

Though the big 20 Something Bloggers meetup isn't until the end of June, I am already crossing off #47 on my list--attend a blogger meetup. This weekend, Jenn, Maxie, and Deutlich traveled to the Burgh to spend Saturday with local bloggers Angela, Drew, Andrea, and Mermanda (me, duh.) Us bloggers and special guest Andrew enjoyed a cozy lunch at Buca di Beppo, where we practically had the place to ourselves. (Good thing, because bloggers are a chatty bunch when we get together! Shocked? Me neither.)
Photo by Deutlich
After stuffing our respective faces with lasagna, chicken saltimbocca, and other various Italian nom noms, we embarked upon a fruitless search for redbull to refuel thy tired and hungover blogging folk. Unable to settle for inferior energy drink imposters such as Amp and Monster, we sought our sights upon Starbucks, where caffiene flows like the Nile. Properly "juiced," bloggers walked to the Monongahela Incline to give the out of towners a proper view of the Pittsburgh skyline. Maxie read a sign that claimed the weight limit of the incline to be eight occupants per seating section--a total of 24 passengers per car. She wondered what the real limit was, and proposed an experiment. Not wanting to die at the hands of a curious blogger, we all respectfully declined our chance to be part of a Very Scientific Study. Maybe next time, Maxie, dear. That evening, we headed to Kaya for Latin American, Southeast Asian, and Caribbean-inspired grub and deliciously fruity drinks. Mmmmm.... Sangria! There was lots of polite dinner conversation--I swear the word "balls" was used less than a dozen times. And lots of laughs. I'm so glad we were all able to get together! My first blogger meetup a smashing success. It didn't end there, though... Andrew and I took in a few strays named Deutlich and Maxie for the night. After a good night's rest, Andrew cooked us all breakfast, which we enjoyed over some Backstreet Boys. Our guests then headed home with full bellies and stacks of The Printed Blog, which Jenn lovingly bestowed upon all of the bloggers after lunch.

27 comments:

CAVFC said...

Hi! Just found your blog and am loving it so far! :) Congrats on your first meetup - something I have yet but want to do!

MsDarkstar said...

Sounds like fun!

I was just reading up on some of the old BBS's I used to be on (back in the days before the Internetz and blogs). We used to have BBS get togethers all the time! Good times!

B said...

I am still SO AMUSED that Backstreet was played during breakfast. I'm also 100% sure that was Andrew's favorite part.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!

little erin said...

ohhh! sounds like so much fun!

thatShortchick said...

italian food, starbucks and all sorts of awesome blogger conversations? does it get any better?!

Kyla Bea said...

Oh that looks like an *amazing* time! Value living so close to them, miss! =)

Anonymous said...

Fun! That is really neat. I wish I was a non-pervy* blogger, then I could meet up with colleagues without wondering if someone was going to show up in skin-tight vinyl and a whip.

(*I usually don't provide my link here, so as not to frighten any of Merm's readers, but if you're so inclined to see what I mean, click on my link AT YOUR OWN RISK! Bwahaha.)

Tam said...

Balls, Breakfast and Backstreet Boys... three favorite B's!! SO JEALOUS!!

Unknown said...

Aww, it sounds like you guys had so much fun. And any breakfast with the Backstreet Boys playing is abso-freaking-lutely amazing!

ablogofherown.wordpress.com said...

Bah! I'm so jealous. I want to meet bloggers! I don't even know if I'll make it to the meet up in June.

:-( Sad face.

Anonymous said...

Meetups are one of the best parts of blogging.

If not *the* best.

Sounds like a good time!

Lindsay said...

Fun! Wish I lived near some of the bloggers I read . . . oh well, I'll just have to live vicariously through your meet-ups :)

Unknown said...

That sounds like so much fun!

If your body is a temple, mine must be a mansion! said...

SOunds like fun! Good times!

Maxie said...

i hope you have children soon so I can be their live in nanny.

i'm not sure you should trust me with your children though-- i can't even take care of myself- ha!

Hillary said...

fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous but it's okay because I'm keeping you once June rolls around :)

DShan said...

i love blogger meetups. so much.

Sh. said...

I'm so jealous! Glad you all had tons 'o fun!

Katelin said...

sounds like a fabulous meetup! i'm slightly jealous, just slightly :)

Pretty Unfamous said...

I definitely had fun and I think it needs to happen more often!

Drew Eisenbeis said...

It was an awesome time! I'm glad you were able to meet us for lunch that day aswell! We'll have to do this whole meet up think more often in the 'burgh.

sarah marie p said...

Sounds like you had the best bloggy weekend! Yay for breakfast! And sangria ... but maybe not sangria for breakky. Haha. Isn't it so weird how mimosas are OK for brekky but other alcohol is a no-no?!

Anonymous said...

wow i'm filled with jealousy at your awesome blogger meetup! i want to come to Pennsylvania too! lol sounds like you had a great time :)

Unknown said...

That sounds like it was so fun! and how sweet of him to make breakfast for you all! :) You've got a good one there.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!