Friday, June 13, 2008

Let's do this



Thanks again to rialeilani for showing me some blogging love. I'm the new kid on the block and I feel like this community has welcomed me with open arms. The Polynesian Princess rules because she didn't rub it in my face when her team won the Stanley Cup--and she has a degree in journalism and a soft spot for animals just like me.

Now on with the show! I'm passing this oh-so-warm-and-fuzzy award on to ten worthy bloggers.

ExSchutz because she was my first bloggy friend and I love reading about Heather's amusing trials and tribulations as a 20-something-not-so-newlywed. Oh, and she also has kick-ass taste in music.

You are flawed if you are not free because Jenn cracks me with her illustrations of her gym escapades and we share a love of reading and LOL cats. She also makes me smile often with her regular comments on this lil blog.

Oh! How Lovely! because Jamie is a total sweetheart. You know I'm new around here, but I'm guessing Jamie has won this particular blogging award no less than a bazillion times. Who wouldn't love her? She is also near and dear to my heart as a fellow etsy-fanatic. And have you seen that dog of hers? Too freakin' cute.

The Typing Makes Me Sound Busy because J-Money can make me laugh so hard that my coworkers have probably decided that I've completely lost my mind. Her wit and candor inspired me to revive my woefully abandoned blog. And now look at me! An "award-winning" blogger! It's all happening so fast! :)

Mrs. Priss because Morgan is my twin--except for the fact that I'm not preggerz. She shares my love for *Mitch Hedberg and knows what it is like to have legs the size of a weiner dog's. Her blog chronicles her adventures in maternity land.

Quirkology because Laura is always sharing really unique finds with her readers. I don't know how you keep doing it, lady, but keep 'em coming!

marGOt To Bed because she is a spunky music enthusiast and I can sympathize with her ear troubles. Happy healing, dear!

Half Deserted Streets because Lauren was a freakin' circus acrobat and if that isn't rad enough, she is crazy for dinosaurs. I'm from Pittsburgh, the land of Andrew Carnegie. You better believe I have mad respect for dinos too.

SillyGrrl because her blog is eclectic, always interesting, and she has great taste and a knack for finding the truly beautiful and sharing it with her readers. Oh, and the grrl has an Emmy! What?

Lens Impressions by bFlat because she takes such lovely photos and the fact that we have the same camera makes me think that maybe one day I can take such pretty photos toooo.


*RIP Mitch
"Listerine hurts, man. When I put Listerine in my mouth, I'm fucking angry. Germs do not go quietly." ~ Mitch Hedberg


In an attempt to heal my sore throat last night, I gargled with bumble bees... I mean Listerine. [Expletive!] That stuff is intense. I took a mouthful and thought to myself, "Swish for 30 seconds... go!... one mississippi... two missasip... SPIT! OWWWWWWIE! BURNING! STINGING! If there is anyone out there who can swish for the full 30 seconds, please share your tips and secrets. That stuff is too serious for me.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

SCORE! Thank you!

RIP Mitch, indeed.

Anonymous said...

Well tickle me pink! Do people even say that anymore? I am quite honored to get this award along with the other excellent bloggers!

I am so delighted to know that my gym tales bring smiles to my readers faces haha!

Seriously though, feel my strongs. My arms are awesome. Woops! Thank you again! You, my dear, are fantastic!

margot said...

thanks so much lady!!

Anonymous said...

yay! thanks! i feel special!

Becky said...

Thank you so much! This makes my week! I'm really honored that you enjoy my photos so much, and you can totally do it too!

Laura said...

Thank you so much!
I'm completely flattered...& oh so glad someone actually enjoys my silly posts!

Anonymous said...

Aw! This totally made my day! Thanks so much.

I'm really happy I found your blog. You are one of my new favorites!

Lauren said...

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate this. :)

As for gargling listerine, those who can last 30 seconds are heros in my book. I can't last more than 5 seconds. IT HURTS SO MUCH!!

Anyway, thank you again! You're awesome!

Susel said...

i hate listerine..boo :)

Daszzle said...

Congrats on the award chica! And oh my God I love the Mitch tribute. He's one funny dude (and sorely missed) ;).

Take care!

Anonymous said...

I will have to check out these blogs! :)