Tuesday, June 10, 2008

*Slip 'n Bleed

As I briefly mentioned yesterday, my weekend was totally sah-weeeeet. Boyfriend and our good friend (Sk8terboi) threw a life-changing summer kickoff picnic Saturday. Activities included a surprise musical guest (the wound is still too fresh to discuss this in detail), a pot luck dinner/cookout, cornhole, football, wiffle ball, karaoke, and a 40-foot slip 'n slide.

It needs to be said that I was a seriously awesome pitcher during the wiffle ball game. (I struck out my very sports-crazed and intensely competitive friend Chris three times! Score for the girls' team!)

Though we almost got into a messy fight with some six-year-olds over the baseball field at the park, the only bled shed occurred on the slip 'n slide.

Imagine a group of grown men throwing their bodies mercilessly down a 40-FOOT slip 'n slide. It isn't pretty. Though it may be blasphemous to say this, my boyfriend literally looked like he had just been taken down from the cross when the whole ordeal was through. Three days later, and he's still walking like an arthritic 80-year-old man.

My very brave friend Bri stripped down to her bathing suit and showed the men that they weren't the only ones dumb enough to sacrifice their bodies in the name of summer fun. Inspired by Bri, me and my friends Karen and Kristen soon followed. I am proud to say that I escaped with only a dime-sized bruise on my knee, though did not throw myself at the slip 'n side with as much disregard for my body as did the boys--whom are now crippled.

The following photos are credited to my friends Stephanie, Annie, and Megan. Enjoy!

A series of pain












Karaoke makes Dwight a little slap-happy...



The very special musical guest



*Title of the post is respectfully attributed to Annie L.

6 comments:

Jamie Lovely said...

It looks like fun! Painful, but fun!

Anonymous said...

that looks so fun! i put up a slip n slide last year, but all my friends were too cool and/or shy to use it.

margot said...

fun!! my favorite summer memories include slip 'n slide

Becky said...

That looks like so much fun! I wish I had a 40ft slip'n'slide though my body is pretty thankful I don't.

Johnny said...

I'm not sure if resorting to bikini shots is the way you want to go, here...of course, I've always been slightly behind the curve, so...

(har)

Alec said...

I somehow ended up bruise-free and uncut from the Slip 'N Slide! My muscles were a bit sore for a few days afterwards but I think that was from the whiffle ball playing. You were brave to be the pitcher too. Although I managed to get through the game (on the boys side nonetheless!) I would cry if someone made me the pitcher! I'd imagine myself throwing the ball and immediately ducking for cover. You were excellent!