Friday, June 13, 2008

Would sell my soul for Sudafed

Q. What makes my body feel like it was hit by a bus and my head feel like it might float away at any second?
A. F'n allergies.

I haven't suffered like this in years. I don't know what is going on with the pollen and mold count but GOOD GOD! Maybe the winter isn't so bad after all...

A really cool symptom of my allergies is post-nasal drip that just won't quit. Yesterday I realized I've also been feeling queasy for days. I popped over to Wikipedia like a good detective to see if this could be related to my allergies. SURPRISE! IT IS!

An individual may be diagnosed as suffering from post-nasal drip if they suffer from the following symptoms.

* Swallowing constantly
* Spitting (mucus) constantly
* Tickling in the throat
* Constant clearing of throat
* Mucus feeling in the back of the throat
* Difficulty in breathing
* Congestion in the nasal and sinus passages
* Chronic sore throat
* Crystals found in the tonsils that are generally yellow or white (commonly called tonsil stones, or tonsilloliths)
* Bad breath
* Coughing
* Feeling nauseated due to accumulation of mucus in stomach
* Vomiting due to excessive mucus in stomach
* Cobblestone appearance of the oropharyngeal mucosa[6]


Now doesn't that sound attractive? Tonsil stones. Yum.

Ok, that's all I have for you right now, but check back later for a special post where I pick ten of my favorite bloggers to pass on the "I love you this much award," which the lovely Ria bestowed upon me more than a week ago. (I finally signed up for Google Reader, so now I will never miss another post from you ladies again!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I, too, get seasonally stricken by the post-nasal drip and - worse - the sinus pressure headache which pretty much has perfected the art of the sneak attack. I've moved past the Sudafed (nothing like walking around in a daze, especially during finals) and onto the Advil Sinus headache. I figure attacking one symptom at a time might make it work better?

Anonymous said...

Tonsil stones? I'm glad I had my tonsils removed. I hope you feel better soon!

addy said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment on my blog, I'm loving yours! I love Google Reader - I recently joined and now I'm addicted. And so happy that I don't miss anything on the blogs I enjoy! Good luck with your allergies, they're the worst.

Anonymous said...

Netti pot...Google it, be grossed out and then get one.

Mermanda said...

Sarah, I am familiar with the Netti pot... I've seen Drew from toothpastefordinner.com pour some very unnatural things in his poor nose. I'm not sure how I feel about the Netti pot... let's see if these allergies go away soon before I get all drastic. :)

Jamie Lovely said...

My allergies are absolutely killer as well. I hate them!