Monday, June 22, 2009

A love letter

Dear Luke,

You are the nicest dog in the entire world. When I made eye contact with you across the driveway, my heart skipped a beat. I couldn't believe you were as cool as you looked in your photos. Maybe even cooler! I just wanted to hang giant posters of you all over my bedroom and write "I <3 Luke" on my locker. You kind of look like a tiger and what could be cooler than that?

You are so rad and I loved kissing your snout on Sunday. When you rested your head on my shoulder I melted into a giant puddle. You probably noticed.

I gave you your merdog to see if it was to your liking and you pleased me oh-so-much when you took it in your mouth and ran around the house with it like it was the best thing you had ever seen. Rupert Merdog and I can't wait to play with you for many years to come.

I was sad to say good-bye, but I am so incredibly excited that you will be part of our little sea creature family as of Wednesday evening.

You are the best greyhound ever in the history of greyhounds.

XOXOXOXO times infinity!

Love,
Amanda

23 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm. So. Excited! POST SO MANY PICTURES ON WEDNESDAY!

Unknown said...

Yay, congrats. Can't wait for the pictures to follow!

Unknown said...

YAY!!! I am soooo happy for you. A new addition to the perfect little merfamily!

Tam said...

*squeeeee*

Luke is SUCH a classy name for a merdog.

Welcome!

Ben said...

YES!!! Video! Pictures!! MORE LUKE!!

Kitty said...

Awwwww! You love that little guy more than is reasonable. Hooray for people who love their pets unreasonably!Congrats on your cute new fur-child.

Hillary said...

yay!!

Jamie said...

Yay! I'm so so excited! I can't wait to see him!

Sarah said...

aww yay! i'm so excited for you. can't wait to see more pictures

Anonymous said...

aww! How seet!

alyssa said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see the little cutie pie!

Erin W said...

Awe! Yay! Please put up Luke posters in your bedroom, that would make me happy!

Rae // theNotice said...

Ahh!!! I'm so excited I can barely hold still and I'm not even the one who's about to adopt a dog!

Photos! Videos! Shrines!

Katelin said...

aw yay for a new dog! so exciting!

Pretty Unfamous said...

WHAT?! NO PICTURES?!

The suspense is killing me!!

rachaelgking said...

Oh, YAY! Can't wait to see the pictures...

ria said...

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! :)

Kyla Roma said...

Congratulations puppy mama!! =D Can't wait to see his little face!

Maxie said...

promise to dress him up in a mermaid or peacock costume?!

Melissa Maris said...

Awe! My friends have a rescued greyhound and they absolutely love her. I'm sure you guys and Luke will be very happy together.

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see a million pictures. I can't believe it's tomorrow!

Sarah said...

aww I cant wait to "meet" him!!