Friday, June 26, 2009

Rest in peace, Michael

I'm listening to a lot of Michael Jackson music today--as is the rest of the world. I can't really explain what he and his music meant to me... but he has been a part of my life since I was a child. I will definitely miss him.

What I think I treasure most about the King of Pop's works of creative genius is that they always seem to leave me with the same euphoric feeling no matter what is going on in my life. Whether I'm intensely happy or sad, playing some MJ makes me feel light as a feather.

My favorite MJ song/video is The Way You Make Me Feel. Tell me yours.

What are you going to miss the most about The King?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thriller, hands down. Hours have been spent trying to learn the dance I will never do as well.

B said...

I think mine is Man in the Mirror. But there are seriously SO MANY that I LOVE LOVE LOVE that it's hard to pick one.

Hillary said...

P.Y.T.
No, Thriller.
No, Bad.
No ... I can't choose.

Melissa Maris said...

I like his stuff from the 70s and early 80s. In a way I feel like the real MJ has been gone since then...

Home Sweet Sarah said...

"Black or White"

I LOVED the music video where all the different peoples' faces morphed into each others'.

Awesome.

Andrew said...

Ordinarily I would say Thriller, no doubt about it, but Man in the Mirror is the song that my boss caught me dancing shirtless to outside of his office about half an hour ago, so I'll go with that. I thought he was out to lunch. That was weird.

Katelin said...

i posted all about it today, but my favorite has got to be 'rock with you', i absolutely love that song.

erimar77 said...

I'm going to miss the fact that he can dance. He could dance better than anyone else. I remember when everyone thought MC Hammer was going to outdo Michael, but ended up just being a one hit wonder.