Friday, September 25, 2009

Everyone needs to take a chill pill

Dear family and friends,

This blog does not exist to frighten you with my innermost thoughts of stress and desperation. It is actually quite the opposite. It's an outlet to maintain my sanity. If I have to worry about every thing I write here causing you to worry about me, I'm going to start to censor myself--and actually already have to a degree. This is bad because my blog is becoming a place where I have to weigh the pros and cons of blogging about what is really on my mind. That bums me out.

If I am ever seriously stressed beyond my own ability to cope, I will call you. You won't have to find out about it by moseying over to my blog. I promise. I appreciate that you all care so much about me (three of you have expressed concern over my last post, my own father included). But please take what you read here for what it is. Me venting. We all have our own outlets. This is mine.

Now let's all take a deep breath and eat a cookie.

Love,
Mermanda/Your Daughter/Future Daughter-in-law/Friend/Nutty Fiance

6 comments:

rachaelgking said...

See, this is EXACTLY why I didn't want my mother to find my blog. Sigh.

Hillary said...

Dear Mermanda's family and friends,

It's okay. I was worried about the ALL CAPS too. The thing is, if Mermanda can tell the internet about her eye herpes, it means it's not the end of the world. You should only start to worry if Mermanda stops writing about eye herpes. And dog poop in buckets. And drinking pooh water.

Love Hillary

Sarah said...

well said, well said...(golf claps)

Anonymous said...

Now I feel bad for all my hyperbole making your family think you'd gone insane. Mermanda is fine, everyone!

If my family found my blog, I honestly think they'd stage some sort of intervention for me. Actually, my high school counselor found this book of funny Top Ten lists I wrote & circulated amongst my friends, and she wanted me to go see a therapist because she thought my sense of humor was that warped. YAY.

Anyhoo, the G20 is over! WOOO!

Maxie said...

I'm sorry, bunny. You're pretty. I hope that makes you feel better.

Melissa Maris said...

Oh the joys of having family read your blog...