Thursday, January 8, 2009

101 in 1001 Update

As mentioned yesterday, I want to complete at least 40 items on my "101 Things in 1001 Days" list by the end of 2009. This does not include things I crossed off in 2008: #72 Get engaged #85 Read 50 books in one year #100 Frame mermaid/fisherman paintings) So, by Jan. 1, 2009--I hope to have at least 43 items total crossed off my list. I'm happy to report that yesterday I crossed off: #7 Buy a homeless person a hot meal See my full list and track my progress here. The other half of my new year's resolution is to read at least a dozen books that I didn't get to last year. Here's my list of books I want to read so far: Love in the Time of Cholera The History of Love A Tree Grows in Brooklyn Musicophilia Water for Elephants The World Without Us A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius Running with Scissors The Gift of Fear A Million Little Pieces Finally, regarding your questions about whether I'll be posting pictures of my wedding dress, the answer is no. Andrew reads this blog and keeping the dress a surprise until he sees me walking down the aisle towards him is very important to me. I hope you all understand!

12 comments:

Rae // theNotice said...

*cheers for you* That is something I've always wanted to do but have been afraid to - I'm a diminutive 5"2 100lb tiny Asian girl, and I'm afraid that wouldn't go well. Also, there are not many homeless people in my area of the city, and by this I mean I essentially live in the burbs where there are none x.x

Pretty Unfamous said...

So I was reading your list. Do you still want a peacock-themed wedding? That'd be so awesome!

B said...

I LOVE this idea of 101 things in 1001 days!

Mermanda said...

Rae, I'm also rather small but I have done this a few times in the past and would never put myself in danger. I would only offer a homeless person a meal if the conditions allowed me to do so safely.

Angela, YES! Andrew and I just met with the caterer and she was very psyched about the peacock theme. I'm really excited to see how it all turns out.

Deutlich, You should make one! I really enjoyed the process.

Unknown said...

I love your #100, lol

I keep debating whether or not to do my own list...I'm still on the fence about it.

Anonymous said...

You have a great list! A peacock-themed wedding sounds so fun!! I work in the wedding industry (photography), and it's so fun to see what different people do.

And as for your book selections... Love in the Time of Cholera, Running with Scissors and A Million Little Pieces are all excellent. Sadly, I can't report on the others.

PS: Don't think I've ever commented here before... so, Hi!

Kyla Bea said...

I love the list! And I love that your wedding is going to be peacock themed - I can wait to hear more about that - very creative!

Anonymous said...

History of Love! Devoured that book. SO GOOD.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I LOVED A Tree Grows in Brooklyn!!

I love your 101 list! I might do something like that myself!!!

Andrea said...

Out of that list, I'd start with Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius. But that's just me.

Unknown said...

Gosh go you! You are making a dent in that list. I'm so impressed!

Hillary said...

I loved Water for Elephants. I especially loved that it featured pictures of elephants. I'm easy to please.