Thursday, January 22, 2009

Andrew Is Fired

I'm launching a semi-regular feature on Cusp of Normal, devoted to the crazy/sexy/cool things that come out of Andrew's mouth. I asked him to help me think of names for this feature, and a ten minute g-chat brainstorm session commenced.

Among the gems that Andrew suggested:
"Things my cool [bleep] boyfriend said, [bleep]"
"WTF Andrew?"
"Really, Andrew?"
"What are you talking about?"
"What an idiot!"
"Asshole of the Year!"
"The go [bleep] yourself hour, with Andrew"
"Andrew, you so crazy!"
"Wiggity-whack tracks with Andrew"

I interrupted his streak with my own suggestion: "The Barnacle Chronicles"

After I thought of it, I told him I loved it too much to waste it on the name of a dumb feature. "The Barnacle Chronicles" should be the name of something awesome. Something Earth-Shaking. I began thinking, this should be the name of my super-secret blog. Yeah, that's when some huge IDIOT FACE sent me a link to his new super-secret blog...

Thanks, honey. This means war.

P.S. Go tell him what a naughty little fella he is!

20 comments:

Ben said...

I'm not helping or enabling anyone. Especially not Andrew. I wouldn't do that to you.

(yes I would.)

Kyla Bea said...

lol! His profile picture is unreal. Oh dear. This should be interesting.

alyssa said...

haha that's so funny! Umm "crazy/sexy/cool"...TLC! hahah.

Hillary said...

you guys are too cute

Allison said...

That is too funny! That sounds like something my Andrew would do. Oh and the fact that he used Pauly Shore as his profile pic is pretty hilarious.

Lindsay said...

You guys are too funny! You should have your own reality show: "Mermanda and Mermandrew." I'd watch every week (and yes, I expect credit for the title).

Mermanda said...

LAB, I actually had a blanket embroidered with "Mermandrew" as my first Christmas gift to him.

Lauren said...

Bahahaha. That's great.

Why not call the regular feature "Andrew is Fired??"

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I can't comment on TBC! :( There's no field for just name/URL and I'm not a bloggyspot user...

But I love the idea, and the profile pic is amazing!!! :)

You two are a-freakin-dorable!

Home Sweet Sarah said...

Wiggity Whack Tracks with Andrew is it. Done and done.

Lindsay said...

That's such a great present! My bf's name is Justin and unfortunately you can't make cute names out of that.

Tam said...

Aww I'm wicked jealous. My hubby things blogging is stupid (GASP!)

My funnies WERE titled "conversations with FI" and are not titled "conversations with my husband" NOT.ORIGINAL.

P.S. Just how secret is the blog now?

Tam said...

key for previous comment (fingers broken)

*things = THINKS

*not = NOW

Tam = Tired.

sarah marie p said...

Oh NO he didn't!

Pretty Unfamous said...

Hahaha, I can't wait to see what you two have up your sleeves for these blogs hehehe

Rae // theNotice said...

Ha! It kills ^^ You crazy mermaid couple, you! Ariel and her human prince boy-toy would be jealous.

Unknown said...

War? YAY! It is going to be like "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" up in here!

Anonymous said...

this is hilarious. haha amazing that he made his own blog!

Non Sequitur Chica said...

Saw your comment about Hawaii- my fiance and I spent our entire two weeks on Maui. One week in a state park cabin on the east side, one week at a resort on the west side. It was a perfect amount to time on each side and we definitely didn't want to leave!!!

Unknown said...

oh wow... i just read your post and laughed till i cried. i love it.
i can't wait to see you again, love. :)