Monday, January 12, 2009

Super productive weekend

Checked off the wedding list this weekend:
Bridesmaids' Dresses (color: plum)
Wedding Cake (seedless raspberry... yum!)
DJ

Not too bad for one weekend, eh?

I also ordered a peacock feather stencil for some DIY wedding projects... now I just have to figure out this embossing business (with a little help from Kyla)!

To give you an idea of my maid of honor's experience trying on dresses this weekend... just feel bad for her. I think I threw about 15 dresses at her to try on, and made her try on about ten of them repeatedly.

Me: "Uh, did we like that blue one on you?"
Bri: "Um... maybe?"
Me: (sweet angel face) "Would you mind trying it on one more time?"
Bri: (sincerely) "Not at all!"

What a trooper she is, right all?

She ended up looking fabulous in several dresses, which only made my life harder. I ended up letting her pick which one she liked the most--and the one she picked is linked above. The plum color (though I think it is more appropriately described as a shimmery lilac) looks amazing with the peacock feathers. They just POP next to the dress. Yay!

As for the wedding cake tasting, nom nom nom. The woman in charge of the tasting was a little... hmm... how to put this delicately... insane?! Yes. That works. But she's not the baker, so I felt good about handing her over a check. With the wedding package we purchased, we will get to pick eight other desserts in addition to our wedding cake (pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin pie, coconut cream pie, death by chocolate cake, tiramisu, etc....) Are you drooling?

Last week we met with the catering company, and Lori was a peach—to borrow a phrase from Wishcake :) And I am not just saying that because I gave her my blog's url. (Hi Lori!)

We decided on a pretty interesting combination of foods, including maki rolls, a taco bar, and a pasta station. If our budget allows, hors d'oeuvre will include mac 'n cheese balls, um... and some other stuff. (My memory can only contain so much wedding trivia.)

This week I will tackle finding an officiant, rehearsal dinner venue, and booking a shuttle for out of town guests.

This concludes Mermanda's wedding post of the week.

xo

22 comments:

Arlynn said...

You're going to have SO much fun with the peacock feathers!!! I'm so excited for you : )

The hubs & I got married this past May & we had peacock feathers in everything... at least it seemed that way - and I loved it! They were in all the boquets, the boutineres, as our cake topper, within the isle arrangements & centerpieces, worked into the buffet, etc., etc.

I've got a few pictures of it in past posts, but just let me know if you have any questions, or if you need a good source for your feathers.

Have fun!

~ Arlynn

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

im partial to plum - obviously : )

Tam said...

Love.It. I had VERY similar BM dresses in iridescent green! I actually called Pearl's Place in Louisianna and they gave me a price over 50% cheaper than what I was quoted in the store by me. I just told them the measurements and they sent them in 8 weeks. ORDER BIG! We found the dresses run SOOOOOOPER small. Case in point, size 2 bridesmaid had to squeez into her size 10 dress. AH!

Hillary said...

taco bar? umm, can I come? please?

Sarah said...

You are so organized! I love it! The food sounds soooooo good!!

Anonymous said...

yay it's all coming together :)

Katelin said...

ooh you're so on top of things. nice job. and love the plum color, so cute.

alyssa said...

Awww, how fun!!!!! I am super JEALOUS. Maybe I will get to do some wedding planning in the near future :-/

Embossing is really easy, that sounds like fun! I haven't done that in a while!

CIP said...

Wow! You had a very productive wedding weekend! I love the dress.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love reading about wedding stuff! (a girl can dream, can't she?!)

This all sounds perfect!

Sh. said...

Mother of mercy, mac-n-cheese balls melt my soul. I'm quite jealous! Sounds like you're getting so much done now that everything's falling together! YAY!

Rae // theNotice said...

Whoo!! Cute dress, and the cake sounds to-die-for. The only thing better than raspberry is seedless raspberry!

We'd like some pics of the aformentioned peacock feathers, hon - um, have we ever heard anything more awesome?! (the answer is no, we have not)

I'm so glad you haven't turned into bridezilla (yet)!

Maxie said...

Um the food sounds delicious! YUMMY

Anonymous said...

I agree with Maxie - the food sounds DEVINE!

Unknown said...

This is so exciting!! I'm super happy for you both!

Kyla Bea said...

The food sounds so great - and congrats on getting this stuff done early! That way you can just relax before the wedding = )

The Dutchess of Kickball said...

Wow, you were super productive! I'm so impressed.

Anonymous said...

Taco bar = excellent idea. Your menu sounds completely awesome!

jessica maria said...

we have very similar colorsssss :)

Home Sweet Sarah said...

Cake tasting was by far my most favoritest-est-est part of the wedding planning process! I. Loved. It.

Lauren said...

Haha, my roommate made me try on so many dresses as well! It was actually sort of fun. I was playing dress up again!

Nicole said...

Sounds like it's going to be a FANTASTIC wedding! Be sure to post some pictures :D