Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tagged for more blogging mischief

Tattooed Dorothy tagged me for some blogging mischief. This comes at an excellent time because I feel as though all of the creative juices have been sucked from me. I am a desert. (Don't you love the theatrics?)

Here are the rules:

1. Grab the nearest book.

2. Open to page 56.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the text of the next 2 to 5 sentences, along with these rules.

5. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual book. Pick the CLOSEST!

6. Tag five other people to do the same!

Okay, so the book nearest to me had only 40 pages, so I cheated and used the second closest book. The book is "Ishmael: An Adventure of Mind and Spirit," which I was supposed to return to the library for Andrew today. I obviously decided it was too cold for such nonsense. Anywhoodle!

"I don't exactly know what I mean. You've made some sort of point, but I don't know what it is."

"You don't?"

"No, I don't."

"What did the jellyfish mean when it said, 'But finally jellyfish appeared'?"


Well, I guess you'll have to read the book if you want to know more about those crazy jellyfish. :P

I tag... NO ONE! I'm such a rebel. I know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jellyfish?... I'm intrigued

Pretty Unfamous said...

The closest book to me right now is my biochemistry book. I'm sure you wouldn't really be interested in what page 56 is about.

Lauren said...

My roommate got me that book for Christmas! It's on my list to read. Apparently it's his favorite book.

sarah marie p said...

compound adjectives See the hyphen entry in the Punctuation chapter.

Comptroller, controller Comptroller generally is the accurate word for government financial officers.

The U.S. comptroller of the currency is an appointed official in the Treasury Department who is responsible for the chartering, supervising and liquidation of banks organized under the federal government's National Bank Act.

Ummmm thank you AP Stylebook. Ha.