Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Japan Hates You (And Me)

ryohin@petoffice.co.jp to me Reply from ryohin@petoffice.co.jp to Mermanda date Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 10:56 PM subject Re: ???????? ?????? Do you speak English? 10:56 PM (10 hours ago) Reply Thank you for inquiring. The proposal of the advertisement is refused to accept. Moreover, it doesn't send it out to foreign countries at all. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mermanda" To: Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2009 5:00 AM Subject: ???????? ?????? Do you speak English? Hello, Does anyone speak English at the Pet Office Company? I write a blog (www.cuspofnormal.blogspot.com) and my readers very much like the frog cat costume. I was wondering if we could work out a deal where I provide free advertising for your company for six months, if you would consider providing a free frog costume for me to give away on my blog. If this is something you can not agree to, I'd like to discuss shipping prices to the U.S. Thanks, Mermanda

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

bummer

Unknown said...

Poop.

Tam said...

Ha! I love how you're email title is ??????DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH??

How DO people get all these blog advertisement gigs and quit their jobs to be a stay-at-home-blogger while they eat cake and buy stuff on the internets with all of their blog-earned monies. Sheesh!

Ashley D said...

Aww how sad :(

Unknown said...

Bwaha ha this cracked me up. Oh yes, and about the 101 list, I loved your idea of the hot meal for the homeless. You are one up on me with that though, GO YOU! :D

CIP said...

Hahhaa, awwww :(

Rachel said...

You should try the Star Jones technique where you try to get a bunch of free stuff for your wedding by talking about their companies on your blog!

Unknown said...

At least the manglish was in some sense responsive to the question. You should see some of the correspondence I get from China.

BTW, a lot of such things will not be sent to the US due to the new materials regulations certifications.

Gwen said...

if it were physically possible for me to stop eating suchi in protest, I would. Sadly, the siren song of the California roll is irresistable.

Stupid Japan.

Lauren said...

Puh. You're too good for them! Who needs the costumes anyway!

Gretchen Alice said...

Aw, too bad! I was looking forward to the cat costume giveaway.

Elizabeth said...

Bah! Maybe a dog company will let you do a dog costume give away, preferably tailored to mini-dachshunds. ;)

Katelin said...

oh boo. guess you'll just have to go to japan then? :)

Sh. said...

Pssst...you've been TAGGED!

Rae // theNotice said...

*giggle*

That is all I have to say ^^

kwərk said...

This...is...fantastic!

So funny, I love the wording of the response, you should send it in to engrish.com!

Jess B-Dubs said...

you're racist.

Mermanda said...

Jessica, you're an idiot.

Jess B-Dubs said...

mermanda, you're still a racist.