Thursday, July 10, 2008

Doing a little dance

The traffic on this little blog of mine more than doubled yesterday. I am doing a little dance, yo. Now the pressure is on. I don't want to jump the shark.

To celebrate this milestone I've decided that I will follow in the footsteps of some of my favorite bloggers and start commenting back on each comment left for me. I haven't done this in the past because I honestly didn't know if people check back for that kind of thing. So hey. If you do check back for that kind of thing... um... start checking back for that kind of thing? (Oh, crap. I feel my readership slipping into single digits...)

Some people ::cough, boyfriend, cough:: have brought it to my attention that my trash can blog post yesterday seemed a bit mean-spirited. I just want to clear up any confusion--it was. But in all fairness... it's a ROBOTIC TRASH CAN! Come on! Too easy.

(Love you, Jess. You will be a beautiful bride tomorrow. Even if your registry is overwrought with expensive trash-receptacles.)



Here's a gorgeous shot of Jess at her bachelorette party from this past weekend. The party took place on a karaoke limo bus. Yes. Karaoke on a bus. It was totally weird and wonderful. Move over David Cook. Jess is coming to snatch your title away.

7 comments:

Jamie Lovely said...

Yay for more traffic! It's always fun knowing people are reading you :)

Unknown said...

Jamie, yep! I'm excited... however I'm only at the halfway point for my goal. Going to keep on trucking. :)

addy said...

Yeay for blog hits! I try to comment on people who comment on me, if that makes sense? But, only when I have something to say! I don't comment for comment's sake. Wow, that's an annoying comment about comments. Good luck!

P.S. I don't think your blog about the trashcan was mean. At all.

Anonymous said...

Yay for doubling of visitors!

In an unrelated note: SO glad you gave your blog address to Maxie for the feed.

Hi, by the way!!

Mermanda said...

Addy, I totally get what you are saying. Don't just comment to comment on the comment. Got it! :)

Oh crap. I just noticed that I commented on Jamie's comment as my secret alter-ego that I created for recruiting new tenants to my old apartment. (I'm not all about putting my e-mail address on Craigslist. Thank you very much.) So I guess the secret is out of the bag. I am squizzle. Sigh. You guys know all my secrets!

Deutlich, why hellooo! You are somewhat of a celebrity in my eyes, so I'm very humbled by you reading my blog. Girl, how do you find enough time in the day to be all up in the blogosphere's business? I admire you!

Lauren said...

Congrats on the traffic doubling! It's so exciting, isn't it?

I rarely check back at responses as well, but I always respond on my blog. Just in case someone isn't lazy like me.

Mermanda said...

Lauren, it is exciting but I hope it wasn't a fluke!