Monday, August 18, 2008

The music is a part of me



My music collection is one of the places that I turn when I need my mood lifted. When the world is moving too fast, I turn here to help me slow it down.

Bob Dylan - Desire
Josh Ritter - Animal Years
Death Cab for Cutie - Plans
Iron and Wine- The Trapeze Swinger (the best 99 cents you will ever spend on i-tunes)
Ray LaMontagne - Trouble
Ryan Adams - Demolition
Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans
Tracy Chapman - Tracy Chapman
Iron and Wine - Our Endless Numbered Days

There are lots more... but these are tried and true. I'm sure I'll still be listening to them 30 years from now.

What helps you tune out the world long enough to catch your breath?

4 comments:

Downbeat said...

"A Day in the Life" from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

"Fat Bottomed Girls," "Bicycle," and "Under Pressure" by Queen.

I'm an old school kinda gal.

Jamie Lovely said...

I love Our Endless Numbered Days.

Anonymous said...

I want to listen to something decent from Bob Dylan - I have never listened to him.... reccomend me a track please :)

oh... and you're it!

http://biscuitinabasket.wordpress.com/2008/08/19/lets-learn-the-alphabet/

Mermanda said...

downbeat, Under Pressure is a great one.

Jamie, I cried when I saw Iron and Wine live.

Biscuit, Listen to Tangled Up in Blue and Ballad of a Thin Man.