Friday, August 29, 2008

PILOT FEATURE! 100th Post!

Woop! Woop! Thanks for all the early congrats. I wasn't sure what I would post about today... until I was doing some online shopping last night. Has anyone noticed all the totally weird crap that is being sold on Amazon? I guess it only makes sense. A store that sells virtually everything you can imagine is bound to freak my shit out once in a while.

Today, I share with you my finds. If you all enjoy this, I'm thinking about making it a regular Friday feature. Please vote on my poll to help me figure out what to call this mind blowingly strange collection of Internet goods.

On with the show!

Today's theme is slippers. Enjoy!


Slipper Genie Microfiber Cleaning Slippers ($6.00)
As seen in "O" Magazine! Oprah, what the hell are you doing? Really? I get it. You put these on and clean your floor while going about your business. But, this is just a bad idea. Who is going to rush me to the E.R. when I slip on the waxed hard wood floors and bust my face open? Are you going to, Oprah? You sure as hell better--or call Stedman and Gayle and see what they're up to because those slippers look DANGEROUS. After all, they don't call them SLIPpers for nothin'!



Toy Vault Rabbit with Big Pointy Teeth Slippers ($27.45)
I know a lot of you are big Monty Python fans, so I'll go easy on this one. I guess I just don't understand where you put your foot. Also, can you imagine going out to get your mail in these? Watch out for the mini dachshund poop!



Set Of 10 The Wizard Of Oz Glittery Ruby Slipper Christmas Lights ($19.99)
These made me stop for a minute to ask myself, are these totally cool? Or just completely weird? While they might look cool wrapped around a house plant or scarecrow (get it?), I just don't get how the Wizard of Oz is "Christmasy."

Send me your totally weird Internet goods to be featured on Fridays in the future.

100!

9 comments:

Lauren said...

Congrats on the 100th post! Those top slippers remind me of Pippie Longstocking. Remember in the movie when she washes the floor with her feet? Yeah. To try floors, I usually brush it with towels attached to my feet. I'm awesome.

Ben said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

See? You get the full thing today

sarah marie p said...

YAY!!! Congrats on your 100th post! So very exiting! And those are indeed some wacky Internet finds! Maybe someone could have an whole Wizard of OZ themed tree? hmmm.

Sophia said...

oooh my 100th post is going to be my next one! aak the pressure is on now... and yes, i like the amazon find-fridays idea :) or at least every once in a while!

Mermanda said...

Lauren, I don't remember movies very well but that sounds very familiar. I like your style.

Ben, You are so generous! I hope you survive your rafting adventures. It just wouldn't be the same blog world without you.

Sarah Marie, Yes. Wizard of Oz tree. I like it. My mom would approve. She used to make me watch that movie every year as a kid. (The flying monkeys scared the bejesus out of me.)

Sophia, We are blog twins! Go 100!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 100th post!! I like those green slippers :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being 100 posts old! Thank you for introducing me to those amazing green cleaning slippers. I think we're meant to be.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! :)

The first pair was is just...wrong. I can't see it serving both purposes. :)

Lacey Bean said...

Those slippers are hilarious, and I picked YOU as one of my Blog Day recommendations. Love your blog! :)