Monday, November 3, 2008

Hair Tantrum Part II

Guys? Remember when my hair was at an all-time high of stupidness? Well, I've out-stupided myself this time. You may recall a certain Natalie Dee comic that "convinced" me to grow my hair long--even though I had already given up on such nonsense. Well, that was then and this is stupid. I can't walk around looking like this anymore. I have a mullet, and I'm not even wearing Andrew's Billy Ray Cyrus wig. Things are getting scary. I caught my reflection in a window this afternoon on the way to a meeting. It wasn't pretty. I wanted to shave my head on the spot. Instead, I powered through the meeting, looking pretty dang weird, and called my stylist after the meeting to schedule an appointment for Friday. The last time I complained about my dumb hair, Sarah suggested I go with this look:
Kirsten Storms
And someone else (sorry! forget who you were, you wonderful person!) suggested this:
Elisha Cuthbert
But then there was Allison, who thought I should just go back to my old lover:
Mandy Moore
So what do you all think? If you have other ideas, send them my way. Just know that there is quite a bit of mullet to work with. Quite. A. Bit. Thanks! I trust and value your advice on this very important matter.

17 comments:

Becky said...

I love Kirsten Storms hair cut! I think that would be way cute on you. Its fun and something new.

Hillary said...

what about this guy:
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm27/yosefcorwin/katie-holmes-hair-400a073007.jpg
or this guy:
http://bangs.hairresources.net/winona_ryder_hair_styles_bangs.jpg

if I have to chose between the 3 you posted, I choose Mandy Moore.

honestly, though, I think you should keep the mullet

Anonymous said...

I looooove the Kirsten Storms hair style...soo cute, you would look adorable! I really don't like the second one.

sarah marie p said...

Oooh that's such a hard decision! I love all three of those haircuts. I think my favs are no 1 and no.2 ... the second one is more funky .. so I guess it depends what you're looking for. Ah! Hard decision! I love them both!

Can't wait to see your new hairdo!

p.s. We should totally go to the mall for some pizza! Let's do it! And thanks for fixing my dress. Thank goodness for purple ribbon!

Anonymous said...

I DEFS vote for the Kirsten Storms cut. If you end up not liking it, it's long enough to cut into one of the other 2, no? Can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

Definitely the Kirsten Storms cut. Plus it would grow out very nicely!

Alicia said...

I love your blog and felt the need that you need to cut it like Kirsten Storms! I like how looks nice and polished. Not "I've been napping all day". Super cute!

Sarah said...

ummm I like the first one!

Anonymous said...

Kirsten Storm. I love that style!!

Lisa-Marie said...

They seem much the same to me, except the first one is longer. I suggest you go with Mandy Moore- with use of some nice hair wax(which i know you have) and straighteners, it could look like Elisha Cuthbert's and if it grows out, it should look like the top one.

3 in 1!


My hair is past shoulder length, and it hink you may have inspred me to cut it!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE and ADORE Kristen Storm's hair cut. I think that's the way for you. It's fabulous!

Lauren said...

I really like Kirsten Storms' hair cut! I think it would look pretty cute on you! If not her, go with Mandy Moore's.

Or this guys: http://www.steamboatstories.com/wp-content/uploads/badhaircutjpeg.jpeg

Okay i can't even joke about it. Don't go with that guy's. DON'T!!!

Anonymous said...

I really like the first one! But the other two are cute as well! I can't wait til you get it cut so we can see what you choose :)

Anonymous said...

I'm voting Kirsten Storms! It's super cute!

Sophia said...

I think the Mandy can be turned into the Kristen with the help of a narrow flat-iron and some smoothing serum, no? Either way, cute!

Anonymous said...

aren't they all the same haircut?

Kyla Bea said...

I would say go with Mandy until it's long enough to do to the Kristen!

I think that Nora Zehetner's hair is really amazing too - she was in the movie Brick (you should watch it if you haven't! AMAZING!) and has really sweet reto-ish hair that looks like it would translate well into real life for your texture:

#1 and #2

I've had hair that short and the thing I will say is that the Elesha & Kirsten cuts are crazy high maintenance. If your hair grows a quarter inch it won't do anything, and because they're so textured they'll start looking mullet-y fast. I used to have to get re-cut every 2.5 weeks with that cut.

Something that has longer top layers will hurt your wallet a lot less and might make you less self conscious about it when it's a little longer = )