Thursday, November 13, 2008

Today is not a good day Or: "Eliminated" from the contest

Ladies and gentlemen, it is over. I think I just eliminated myself from the contest. Just had to fish my pedometer out of the toilet. At work. My hand was in a public toilet. And let me just add, this was after I did my business. I washed my hands five times in boiling hot water, and used about an ounce of hand sanitizer. Someone please chop off my hand. I still feel extremely dirty. I guess I won't be winning any Nike duffel bags or cliff bars. Sorry, team. (And to anticipate your questions: I threw the pedometer away in one of those sanitary product receptacles in the stall.)
Feeling a bit like Eeyore today, you guys.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

eeeeks...no good!

Unknown said...

How sad :-(

Rachel said...

nope nope nope, that thing would have been flushed down the toilet. I would be completely unable to retrieve it.

Lauren said...

WOW. I'm impressed that you fished it out. Be proud of yourself for that!

Anonymous said...

I would have flushed and run. It overflowed? Who cares--not your stall, right? Riiiiight.

Hillary said...

dude, if you were going to throw it out anyway why not flush it?

Mermanda said...

Hillary, I wish you had been there to talk some sense into me. (Wait? Did I just say I wished you were in the stall with me? Awkward...) But I just didn't want to be the girl who broke the toilet. I'd much rather be the girl who had to tell her team leader that I dropped my pedometer in the toilet.

Gwen said...

Great story! Reminds me of this one:

A friend of mine attended the very first ever opening game at the new Busch Stadium here in STL. He took his flask (a sentimental gift) into the restroom to spiek his drink in secret and ended up dropping the lid in the toilet!

He hesitated, thinking about what to do, and eventually decided that the toilet was as clean as any public toilet would ever be, so he reached in and got it out. He said the same thing about washing his hands!

Sh. said...

Well at least it wasn't your cell phone!

Side note...take it from a girl from St. Louis...Busch Stadium is VERY clean!

Pretty Unfamous said...

If you go to Venture Outdoors (I think it's downtown), you can get a free Heinz pedometer!

Kyla Bea said...

Ahh!! No!
= (
I really hope your day got better, that sounds like it could have been a bottoming out point.

sarah marie p said...

yikes. that sucks! :(

I think you deserve some kind of honorary award. Cuz I said so.

Anonymous said...

Ugh. And I know most of the women you work with. Their remnants are on your hand as well. Bwahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I wish I could see your face though! :)

Anonymous said...

i give you credit for sticking your hand in there... ;)