Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Very Hannah Montana Halloween

This is going to be a short and sweet Halloween review. Ready? Let's begin!

I dressed up as Hannah Montana on Halloween and the day after for our friends' first annual Halloween party. I wore the costume while giving out candy to the trick-or-treaters, and guess what, you guys? They loooooved me! When the first group of kids instantly recognized me, I knew immediately that my costume was going to be a smashing hit. One little girl was kind of convinced that I was actually Hannah. She ran up to me (like, was inches from my face) squealing, "HANNAH!!! I LOVE YOU!!! I WATCH YOUR SHOW EVERY DAY!!!!!" Totally precious.


I later calculated that this costume cost me about $45. Not cool.




Oh, look who I found! Another Hannah! And is that... my daddy?

Billy Ray Cyrus! Hannah Montana Sandwich!




Apple bobbing contest! Tip: Get in there quickly before other people have a chance to spit in the tub.




Post-bobbing victory shot. I got the winning apple!




After being accused of cheating (how the hell do you cheat at bobbing for apples?) I decided to be the bigger person and share my prize caramel turtle apples with the whiny Scarecrow.




Incest is no laughing matter, but come on! This is funny.



Now for some of my favorite costumes of the weekend:

Sexy Hamburglar and Gallagher




Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?




This is my friend Jess, dressed up as a generic 80's lady. I actually informed her that she was a dead-ringer for Claudia of Baby-Sitter's Club fame.




Uncanny, right?

20 comments:

Kyla Bea said...

lol uncanny resemblance - on both parts!

Allison said...

Too funny! I love that Andrew dressed as your daddy. I hear incest is best. hehehe Just kidding. You looked cute and it looks like it was a fun party.

Lacey Bean said...

SOOOO Claudia!! I used to want to be a hybrid of her and Stacey, but without the diabetes. :)

Cute Hannah Montana - my friend Arielle was her too!

Unknown said...

You look oh so adorable as Hannah Montana...and Andrew, well there are just no words.

sarah marie p said...

hahah. I can't believe you guys were baby and daddy Cyrus! tooo funny! You are so working that blond wig! heee.

Oooh I love the babysitter's club! She DOES look like Claudia! that's awesome!

Anonymous said...

i loved the babysitter's club books! she did look like claudia too :) your costumes were so awesome, you made a great hannah!

Lauren said...

Your costume was adorable! You did really resemble her-esp with the scarf. Adorable!

Also, your friend DOES look like Claudia from Babysitters Club! How funny!

Anonymous said...

creepy billy ray factor aside, you both look smashing! :)

TOTALLY Claud!! Wow!! That's what I thought before you even said it! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh man, your Hannah Montana is awesome!

jessica maria said...

a of all, great costume.

b of all, SHE IS SO CLAUDIA!!! INSANITY!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha you are a great Hannah Montana!

And I love Carmen Sandiago!
Seriously, what a great Claudia. She was my favorite!

Pretty Unfamous said...

Ah! Claudia from TBC! Haha I love it.

And your Andrew/Billy Ray father is TOTALLY doing the "cha-ching" arm thing in that picture. CLASSIC!

Anonymous said...

omg...i love the babysitters club..and you are so right about your friend looking like her!

and ps you are an adorable Hannah Montana!

Anonymous said...

I love the incest - it's hilarious. Also, that might be the strangest/most disturbing sentence I've written. Ever.

Jess B-Dubs said...

claudia says thanks for all the love! and listen, it's NOT COOL listening to "hannah montana" calling "billy ray cyrus" DADDY all night long. it's REALLY SICK. just wanted you all to be aware ...

Cassie said...

Oooh BSC! Gosh I miss being 11 sometimes.

Gretchen Alice said...

AMAZING Hannah costume.
I know everybody already reads this, but in case you don't, you must check it out.
http://whatclaudiawore.blogspot.com

Maris said...

Thank you for making me laugh out loud AT WORK at your Claudia from the babysitters club reference.

Arielle said...

HAHA I love that you were Hannah Montana as well!!

Anonymous said...

That might be the most brilliant Halloween costume EVER. IT'S MILEY!

And I really hope Andrew learned the Achy-Breaky Heart dance. For authenticity and all.