Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mermanda is a biter

Lauren at the Strict Shenaniganist tagged me for some blogging fun. I must have a blogging bug up my bum*, because I can't stop today.

Anyhow.

Here are the Rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

Ready? Set! Blog!

1. This one is probably no secret if you follow me on Twitter... but strong perfume makes me ill. Spraying your poison in my general vicinity is a sure-fire way to give me a killer headache and possibly make me nauseated, depending on the potency of your fragrance.

2. I am the only one who knows how to refill the PUR water pitcher in our fridge. The only one! (ahem... Andrew.)

3. In high school, I sang alto in the choir and was vice president of the Spanish club. Me gusta papas fritas.

4. My mom is a little on the paranoid side. Ok... a lot on the paranoid side. When my sister and I were kids, my mom made us go to the basement and WEAR OUR BICYCLE HELMETS during tornado warnings. My mom's panicking freaked out my little sister so bad, that she threw up this one time. This is among my favorite childhood memories.

5. When I was little, I used to enjoy stuffing ripped pieces of construction paper in envelopes, which I referred to as "enveglubs."

6. I had my recess taken away for biting a boy on the playground in 2nd grade. In my defense, we were playing a game where the boys tried to capture the girls. This boy, Ryan Bard (take that, punk. now the whole internet knows the truth!) had his arm wrapped around my neck, cutting off my air. In a move towards survival, I turned my head and bit down on his shoulder. Hard. He cried. I was sent inside and was made to write "I will not bite" a trillion times. On lineless paper. Do you remember how hard it was to write on paper without lines in second grade? That is just cruel and unusual punishment, my friends.

I tag:
Hillary
Rae
Wishcake
Rachel
Heather
Morgan

*Say that ten times fast!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

damn you

sarah marie p said...

I love that your mom used to make you wear your helmets during tornado warnings! haha. Craziness!

Anonymous said...

Bike helmets? Hilarious! Such a cute story. People in CA bring helmets to work in case of an earthquake.